What's the last film you watched?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the last film you watched?

I've been on a marathon of Stephen King adaptations since the new IT has come out.

I started with the 1990 IT, and it's decent for a TV movie for the time. Holy hell is it long though, nearly 4 hours.

Cujo was meh. It's a story about a rabid dog that goes on a killing spree. I thought the acting was annoying, but overall I think it's still worth watching, you can find it on Hulu. Interesting aside about the book, apparently Stephen King was so drunk and coked up in the early 80's, that he forgets writing Cujo entirely.

At the end of my adventures I was drinking a case of sixteen-ounce tallboys a night, and there’s one novel, Cujo, that I barely remember writing at all…I like that book. I wish I could remember enjoying the good parts as I put them down on the page.
    Dead Zone with Christopher Walken was great. Also on Hulu.

Misery with Kathy Bates was fan-fucking-tastic. Watch it if you haven't.

Last night I saw the new IT in the theater. It was really well done and exceeded all my expectations. I imagine creating a horror film centered around a clown without being campy is a difficult thing to do, but they nailed it. And they queued it up for a sequel, which is exciting.

The two IT films had some major differences in plot, which makes me want to read the novel. But 1200 pages or 50 hours in audio form is quite a bit to chew on. Apparently in the novel, the group of 13yo kids (the losers club) get lost in the sewers, and gang bang the only girl among them. Both film adaptations leave that out (I wonder why?), but they subtly sexualize the loser's club relationship with the girl, but more in a teen crush sort of way, rather than a run train on her in a sewer sort of way.

> I started with the 1990 IT, and it's decent for a TV movie for the time. Holy hell is it long though, nearly 4 hours.

That's probably because it was a mini-series, not a movie. :P

The only King stories I really enjoyed were the Dark Tower series -- and they absolutely fucked the dog on that adaption. Wow -- just terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
      > I started with the 1990 IT, and it's decent for a TV movie for the time. Holy hell is it long though, nearly 4 hours.

That's probably because it was a mini-series, not a movie. :P

The only King stories I really enjoyed were the Dark Tower series -- and they absolutely fucked the dog on that adaption. Wow -- just terrible.
      Honestly I’ve never read any of his books. I’ve been trying to read more, so I’m going to give a few a shot.

I know that many of the film adaptations are hit or miss, but based on the stories in most I’ve seen and the crazy popularity of his books, he seems like an excellent writer.

The synopsis of Dark Tower doesn’t really trip my trigger, but I’ve heard good things. I think I’m either going to start with Salem’s Lot or Mr. Mercedes.

Comment

I don't read.

Comment

Originally posted by gamerfreak View Post
          Honestly I’ve never read any of his books. I’ve been trying to read more, so I’m going to give a few a shot.

I know that many of the film adaptations are hit or miss, but based on the stories in most I’ve seen and the crazy popularity of his books, he seems like an excellent writer.

The synopsis of Dark Tower doesn’t really trip my trigger, but I’ve heard good things. I think I’m either going to start with Salem’s Lot or Mr. Mercedes.
          He is a great storyteller who writes well enough to tell the story, if that makes sense. He'll never win awards for his prose, but he sells because the stories are gripping.

Kinda like GRRMartin -- dude who wrote the Game of Thrones books. His prose is mediocre but his story telling is fantastic.

Comment

The Shining made me distrust hotel bathrooms for a lot longer than it should have.

Comment

Baby Driver was fantastic

Comment

YES

Comment

Starting the day with Leon: The Professional.

Comment

2 Netflix Original Movies

Gerald's Game (more Stephan King) was decent. A married couple goes to a remote mountain house for a weekend getaway. The husband handcuffs his wife to the bed for sexy time, but has a heart attack and dies, leaving her no way to free herself and no one around for miles. Worth watching if that sounds interesting to you.

The Babysitter was the second netflix original. Nothing amazing, but it was well produced and I enjoyed it. If you are a fan of B-Horror you will enjoy it.

Comment

I only watch movies by Weinstein

Comment

Watched it a couple days ago, pretty good!

2 Netflix Original Movies

Gerald's Game (more Stephan King) was decent. A married couple goes to a remote mountain house for a weekend getaway. The husband handcuffs his wife to the bed for sexy time, but has a heart attack and dies, leaving her no way to free herself and no one around for miles. Worth watching if that sounds interesting to you.

The Babysitter was the second netflix original. Nothing amazing, but it was well produced and I enjoyed it. If you are a fan of B-Horror you will enjoy it.

Gerald's Game is one of the few decently rated movies on IMDB (got a 6.8) that I DID NOT LIKE. Fell asleep almost halfway through and had to force myself to finish it the next day. Do not recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post
                          Gerald's Game is one of the few decently rated movies on IMDB (got a 6.8) that I DID NOT LIKE. Fell asleep almost halfway through and had to force myself to finish it the next day. Do not recommend.
                          It wasn’t great my any means, but I enjoyed the twist at the end.

Comment

Working...
                          X