Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He-Man Women Hater's Cable Cutter's Club

Anyone else ditch cable?

I have verizon fios internet for $59/mo along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, and I am perfectly content. I also have a Plex server to download and stream movies.

I recently subscribed to Hulu cable, which is streaming live TV like Sling or DTV. It's a decent channel lineup for like $35/mo over the price of regular Hulu. But I'm thinking about cancelling because I don't watch sports, and cable sucks ass even when it's cheap.

Yup, years ago. I use Sonarr on the back end and Plex on the front end for TV shows and movie management and don't subscribe to any of that shit. One time lifetime sub to ozbnb (I have invites if interested) and a forever pass with NZBgeek replaces all that garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by gamerfreak View Post
      Anyone else ditch cable?

I have verizon fios internet for $59/mo along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, and I am perfectly content. I also have a Plex server to download and stream movies.

I recently subscribed to Hulu cable, which is streaming live TV like Sling or DTV. It's a decent channel lineup for like $35/mo over the price of regular Hulu. But I'm thinking about cancelling because I don't watch sports, and cable sucks ass even when it's cheap.
      Sonarr + Plex + Newsgroups is all I need. I have an OTA antenna for local stations.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
        Yup, years ago. I use Sonarr on the back end and Plex on the front end for TV shows and movie management and don't subscribe to any of that shit. One time lifetime sub to ozbnb (I have invites if interested) and a forever pass with NZBgeek replaces all that garbage.
        I had a usenet setup with sickbeard at one point, but paying for a usenet subscription always seemed dumb to me as opposed to torrents, even though some of the automation was easier.

I want to get Sonarr and Radarr set up on my plex server, maybe with torrents, or maybe I'll give usenet another shot.

I have invites to a baller private bittorrent tracker if you want.

Comment

I had a usenet setup with sickbeard at one point, but paying for a usenet subscription always seemed dumb to me as opposed to torrents, even though some of the automation was easier.

I want to get Sonarr and Radarr set up on my plex server, maybe with torrents, or maybe I'll give usenet another shot.

The usenet subs can be taken care of with a one time purchase for life. So you pay them one time what you used to pay cable monthly, and BAM. Fuckem all. Then I use vipsports to stream autoraces and football that's not on local channels.

Comment

The usenet subs can be taken care of with a one time purchase for life. So you pay them one time what you used to pay cable monthly, and BAM. Fuckem all. Then I use vipsports to stream autoraces and football that's not on local channels.
            What provider you using? Lemme get those OZBNB or NZBgeek invites and ill give it another shot.

Comment

I was cable free for over a decade, but went back to sucking on that copper tit for prime hockey viewing and to shut up my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
                I was cable free for over a decade, but went back to sucking on that copper tit for prime hockey viewing and to shut up my wife.
                Are you still in yuppie stonerville Oakland?

You should a live streaming service a shot. Sling, Playstation Network, Direct TV, and Hulu are what's out there right now I think. It's cheaper, and you don't have to use/rent the cable company's garbage set-top boxes.

Comment

Torrents are not as reliable when automating the downloads. At least they were not for me. I don't mind paying the samll fee for more consistent downloads.

Comment

What provider you using? Lemme get those OZBNB or NZBgeek invites and ill give it another shot.
                    NZB isn't a private community so you can register with them straight up. I use them as a backup for OZ which you don't really even need. PM me your email address and I will send you an invite for them. They are by far the best one I've ever run across.

Comment

Are you still in yuppie stonerville Oakland?

You should a live streaming service a shot. Sling, Playstation Network, Direct TV, and Hulu are what's out there right now I think. It's cheaper, and you don't have to use/rent the cable company's garbage set-top boxes.
                      Yuppie .. stonerville .. Oakland? Have you BEEN to Oakland? LOL

No, I moved back the Pacific North West a few years ago -- driving in the Bay area fucking sucks and it is too hard to get to the mountains.

We have Netflix, Amazon, and HBO for streaming services -- and the NHL package, of course. That's how we stayed off cable for so long. Honestly, it is stupid cheap and I barely notice the expense, but wife loves her HGTV, so ...

Comment

Cable continues to increase. Outside of fantasy football, I don't give a shit about the NFL and all their nonsense and commercials. Our Comcast contract is up in a few weeks. I think I'm going to just go internet only and maybe subscribe to Hulu.

Comment

Originally posted by flip View Post
                          Cable continues to increase. Outside of fantasy football, I don't give a shit about the NFL and all their nonsense and commercials. Our Comcast contract is up in a few weeks. I think I'm going to just go internet only and maybe subscribe to Hulu.
                          Commercials completely trip me out when I see them now.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
                            Yuppie .. stonerville .. Oakland? Have you BEEN to Oakland? LOL
                            Never been, but I thought it was a large weed/hipster culture there but I might just be high.

Comment

Commercials completely trip me out when I see them now.
                              It was bizzare seeing commercials after I got the hulu cable. I sort of missed them in a very love-hate kind of way.

Comment

Working...
                              X