American Gods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Gods

I want to warn you all that this show is WEIRD AS FUCK. Like beyond anything I've ever seen before legit bat shit insane. It's so crazy that I can't bring myself to watch more than one episode at a time because when I'm done, my head is completely fucked up.

But I also can't look away.

One of my favorite books -- looking forward to seeing how it translates to the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
      One of my favorite books -- looking forward to seeing how it translates to the screen.
      That must have been a weird ass read.

SO can't even handle it. I have to watch when she's out of the house. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
        That must have been a weird ass read.

SO can't even handle it. I have to watch when she's out of the house. lol
        I think it is easier to scan in text -- but I'll watch the show to find out.

I don't remember it being super weird -- more like super interesting. New gods supplanting Old Gods with lots of mythical creatures just wandering around like 'fuck yeah I exist, fuck you humans'

My SO is the same way with zombies, btw. She watches crime shows and devours stories of humans murdering, eating, raping etc., but throw in some zombies and she nopes the fuck out.

Comment

I think it is easier to scan in text -- but I'll watch the show to find out.

I don't remember it being super weird -- more like super interesting. New gods supplanting Old Gods with lots of mythical creatures just wandering around like 'fuck yeah I exist, fuck you humans'

My SO is the same way with zombies, btw. She watches crime shows and devours stories of humans murdering, eating, raping etc., but throw in some zombies and she nopes the fuck out.
          I'm not even allowed to say the word zombie. lol

I'm only two episodes in so far and the human is still trying to come to terms with the fact that insane shit is happening. He has to decide if he accepts his new level of crazy, or go bonkers because of it.

I have no idea what will happen if he meets the black chick that is swallowing her sex partners with her vagina.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
            I have no idea what will happen if he meets the black chick that is swallowing her sex partners with her vagina.
            Best metaphor for my exgfs EVER.

Comment

Best metaphor for my exgfs EVER.
              lol

Comment

Working...
              X