Off Topic: What's going on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    I saw black guys playing last night. Is that not a stereotype anymore?
    Oh, it is -- Subban is the blackest player (to use a terrible phrase) to play the game and he gets some ridiculous shade thrown his way because of it. He is popular, gregarious, funny, and loud -- and so lots of old-school conservative jerks think he is bad for the game. At one point, he was called out for dancing and playing during the fucking warmup before a game. Seriously.

The Leafs have a practicing Muslim who also gets some racist crap thrown his way.

Hockey is progressive in some ways -- being open to gays and very anti-homophobia -- but it is still a boy's sport and it shows.

I have to say, though, that if you enjoyed a nailbiter like yesterday's game, you can definitely be a fan. Most people get hooked when they see a high-scoring, back-and-forth game -- yesterday, the Penguins put on a puck-control clinic and their goalie stood on his fucking head.

Comment

• Most hockey players still look like this:

Comment

• To be honest, I think I'm partial to the violence.

Comment

To be honest, I think I'm partial to the violence.
          I should fucking hope so.

And, good news, the regular season is much more violent than the playoffs. Players take more liberties if they are risking a regular season suspension instead of being booted from the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jip View Post

I should fucking hope so.

And, good news, the regular season is much more violent than the playoffs. Players take more liberties if they are risking a regular season suspension instead of being booted from the playoffs.
            I thought it was allowed?

Comment

I thought it was allowed?
              Fighting results in a minimum of a 5 minute major penalty for both players. They even out, so the teams both play at full-strength, but those players have to sit for 5. A common tactic is to try to get the other team's best players to fight scrubs, so you take their best player out for 5 minutes.

Hitting is part of hockey, but in the playoffs, they tend to play cleaner because they don't want penalties. In the regular season, you see more late hits and more high hits. This leads to more retaliatory fights as teams try to convince their opponents to play nicely by beating the shit out of them.

Comment

• Sitting in my home office, fucking around and answering emails, and watching some small asian men mow my lawn and pull my weeds.

Life is good, bros.

Comment

• Brought the dog to work so we can leave straight from here to go camping. Everyone is really good about it so far. I'm too uptight for this. I'm trying to watch him and the guy I am working with was like... dude it's fine, let him run around.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                    Brought the dog to work so we can leave straight from here to go camping. Everyone is really good about it so far. I'm too uptight for this. I'm trying to watch him and the guy I am working with was like... dude it's fine, let him run around.
                    I brought my ankle biter once because she had a vet appointment that day. She barked at everyone that would walk by the office door. Annoying as fuck. I'm guessing she was in protect mode since she was so out of her element.

Comment

• Bruce is't a barker, he's just a 50# puppy. He did whine because he had to poop though, which was nice. It was big as the other lady's shih tzu puppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                        Brought the dog to work so we can leave straight from here to go camping. Everyone is really good about it so far. I'm too uptight for this. I'm trying to watch him and the guy I am working with was like... dude it's fine, let him run around.
                        That is awesome -- I hope my dog will get to the point that I can do this. After 18 months, she's very comfortable at home and in our neighborhood, but once we leave her safe zone, she regresses to catatonic fear.

If I ever meet the bitch who treated this beautiful dog so poorly, I would skin her and pour bleach into the exposed flesh. Fucking cunt.

Comment

• Also, Bruce is a fucking awesome name for a dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by jip View Post
                            Also, Bruce is a fucking awesome name for a dog.
                            As a name yes. As a call sign for a dog, not so much.

But I'm not one to dick swing about it. My dog's name is Princess Zeke Destroyer of Worlds..

Comment

• Destroyer of Carpets, though, amirite?

Comment

• Not now that she has a McMansion kennel.

Comment

Working...
                                X