Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post something interesting about your day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Lots of bad kids have money though. They will infiltrate this matrix and fuck up the good people with money.

    And lots of good kids don't.

    This entire idea rests on the idea that poor people are criminals. It is kinda scary, tbh.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by flip View Post
      But what it really does is allow kids who aren't terrible people to separate themselves from unruly kids. The public schools have to take them and the private ones don't. So the end result will be quality private schools and public schools filled with future criminals.
      That's essentially what NC is.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jip View Post

        That sounds like a horrific idea.
        Help me understand why

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jip View Post


          And lots of good kids don't.

          This entire idea rests on the idea that poor people are criminals. It is kinda scary, tbh.
          No, that's the current philosophy. Some kids would really really like to go to a school where they could learn instead of attempt to avoid violence.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JimJ View Post

            That's essentially what NC is.
            Well it creates a third tier and an ancillary tier. There would be voucher schools that could be ran cheaply and effectively because they don't have to deal with high cost problem students. Those students would be way better off.

            An example of an negative is an ancillary tier of for profit rubber stamps providing no better and probably worse education than public and "Christian" schools who don't teach critical thought and just teach the world is 3,000 years old and that's all you need to know.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by flip View Post

              No, that's the current philosophy. Some kids would really really like to go to a school where they could learn instead of attempt to avoid violence.

              Why not push the criminals out, then, rather than move the good kids.

              Build good schools for good kids and give them the resources to get out of poverty. Build work houses and military style camps for bad kids and (literally) beat some fucking discipline and respect into them.

              Simplistic ideas, but since politics is just sound bites these days, I figure I'm just adapting tot his country :P

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jip View Post


                Why not push the criminals out, then, rather than move the good kids.

                Build good schools for good kids and give them the resources to get out of poverty. Build work houses and military style camps for bad kids and (literally) beat some fucking discipline and respect into them.

                Simplistic ideas, but since politics is just sound bites these days, I figure I'm just adapting tot his country :P
                That's essentially what the voucher program does. It creates a publicly funded school system where you can kick the undesirables out.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by flip View Post

                  That's essentially what the voucher program does. It creates a publicly funded school system where you can kick the undesirables out.

                  Oh.

                  Well, I apologize -- I misunderstood. We're on the same page.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jip View Post


                    Oh.

                    Well, I apologize -- I misunderstood. We're on the same page.
                    The difference is that the undesirable do not go to a prison or military camp. The dick around in the public system until they are old enough to drop out.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by flip View Post

                      The difference is that the undesirable do not go to a prison or military camp. The dick around in the public system until they are old enough to drop out.

                      Yeah, I guess I'm a bit more hard-line on that issue. I'd rather take the kids away from the parents that are failing them -- but to do that, we need a system that can actually turn them into functioning adults in society.

                      Honestly, if someone is under the age of about 14, we need to blame the parents for everything they do.

                      Comment


                      • Why don't we just nip this in the bud and require a license for birthing. Then we just have good kids and dead carcasses..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jip View Post


                          Yeah, I guess I'm a bit more hard-line on that issue. I'd rather take the kids away from the parents that are failing them -- but to do that, we need a system that can actually turn them into functioning adults in society.

                          Honestly, if someone is under the age of about 14, we need to blame the parents for everything they do.
                          Taking kids away from worthless parents is incredibly expensive in the short run.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                            Why don't we just nip this in the bud and require a license for birthing. Then we just have good kids and dead carcasses..

                            I'm in.

                            If I was a super villain, my big evil plan would involve sterilizing the entire human race. For the planet. For Harambe.

                            For some fucking peace and quiet in a movie theater.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by flip View Post

                              Taking kids away from worthless parents is incredibly expensive in the short run.

                              What if we just ship them to a third-world country so they can learn what it means to actually life rough?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                                Why don't we just nip this in the bud and require a license for birthing. Then we just have good kids and dead carcasses..
                                in

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X