Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You?

Comment

I'm an overachiever making smores. I have big hands though so being delicate wrapping my hands around a pencil is way harder than gripping a baseball bat and making slow steady motions. I've used both large and small grips for extended times and I'm just not as comfortable with the smaller circumference of the two.

On another note. I've just recently started taking my glove off as I approach (under 50 yards). Not sure if that does anything at all other than wear out the velcro on the glove.

Comment

I leave my glove on the entire time. I also use a mechanix glove rather than a golf one. If I get invited to play forreal, I'll try to find a more understated version. Regular golf gloves don't do it for me.

Comment

I've been trying to take my glove off as I start walking. I used to just wear the thing all the time like a pair of socks or a condom. The Hoofer bag helps a lot as it has easy to reach places to stick it to.

Just trying to keep it lasting longer. I don't wear a glove to putt, and may or may not for a pitch. More due to being lazy. If it won't tear my hand up, I don't really care.

Comment

I just forget to take it off. After a few rounds I just decided to leave it on all the time vs taking it on and off.

Comment

Tracking is why I changed to the orange balls. Far far easier to see and track as long as the course is green. This time of year the course is brown so I use a pink ball.

Comment

@SpiderMonkey

What grips do you play on your regular clubs? I measured out to an Oversize but I am liking midsize better, esp in the UTx profile.

Comment

Originally posted by flip View Post
                  I leave my glove on the entire time. I also use a mechanix glove rather than a golf one. If I get invited to play forreal, I'll try to find a more understated version. Regular golf gloves don't do it for me.
                  What do you mean 'forreal'?
                  Originally posted by UCP View Post
                  I've been trying to take my glove off as I start walking. I used to just wear the thing all the time like a pair of socks or a condom. The Hoofer bag helps a lot as it has easy to reach places to stick it to.

Just trying to keep it lasting longer. I don't wear a glove to putt, and may or may not for a pitch. More due to being lazy. If it won't tear my hand up, I don't really care.
                  I was wearing the thing all the time too but realized that if I'm not cracking the ball with a 100% swing, I really don't need any extra grip and the less I use it, the longer it will last. I was going through gloves about two a year when I started. It was silly. I think most of that was driving a cart though because I spin the wheel with my palm.

I think my bag is 100% leather so no stick, but my push cart has a nice basket to hold my club socks and glove when not needed.

Comment

I haven't changed them so it's whatever that came with the stratas. I keep thinking I need golf money is better spent on practice over grips at this point in my game.

Comment

• Originally posted by flip View Post
                      Tracking is why I changed to the orange balls. Far far easier to see and track as long as the course is green. This time of year the course is brown so I use a pink ball.
                      I like yellow balls for a similar reason in summer. I need to get some crazy razzle dazzle color for when the snow comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by flip View Post
                        I got my wife a bucket of pink balls for xmas. I think I will steal a few for the fall season next year. Hitting into a pile of leaves sucks.
                        Originally posted by UCP View Post
                        @SpiderMonkey

What grips do you play on your regular clubs? I measured out to an Oversize but I am liking midsize better, esp in the UTx profile.
                        My irons and hybrids all have standard Ping ID-8 grips. Those are all of the clubs I've extended and regripped and at the time I didn't even know there were different sizes. My wood and driver just have what ever came on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post

I like yellow balls for a similar reason in summer. I need to get some crazy razzle dazzle color for when the snow comes.
                          You need a heated ball.

Comment

• That hurts my hands just thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                              That hurts my hands just thinking about it.
                              What does?

Comment

• You using standard grips.

Comment

Working...
                                X