Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UCP View Post
    Do you get to hit off real grass at your range?
    Not with a driver. The place that allows drivers makes you use a mat.

This local place also has a chipping green which I really need to spend like 6,000 hours on.

Comment

I'll top the driver when I'm not executing a full proper release a lot of the time. That follow through really helps lengthen my path through the impact zone.

I'm not as consistent as you just yet it sounds like. There are a lot of variables and very fine lines in a good swing. It's interesting to know that I'm learning the lingo, and it's definitely made a big difference, but there always more to learn. It's a very nuanced game, which is what makes it so addicting for me at least.

Seriously, how long have you been playing?

Comment

When I say seriously I mean once a month. I'm nowhere near SMs level. I shoot about a 100.

I have played maybe 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by flip View Post
          When I say seriously I mean once a month. I'm nowhere near SMs level. I shoot about a 100.

I have played maybe 10 times.
          I can't play this week because it is going to rain Friday so you'll catch up a little. :bw:

Comment

Hung my Aquarium light over the hitting area, this make it much more pleasant to hit with the doors closed. I'm probably going to get a Fiberbuilt strip to hit irons off of as this mat is a bit harsh, even on good shots.

I'm also noticing that my 60* only spins at ~4k revs. I grabbed a cheap groove sharpener so I can get more accurate spins until I get new irons and wedges later. My iron's aren't as bad, and I probably won't sharpen them, but the 60* is just plain dull.

Comment

It is amazing how much the grooves come into play.

Comment

The thing will probably check up and then spin backward off the green.

Ive been throwing randomly shaped greens out at different yardages from 20 to 200. Mostly close in.

I definitely hit more consistent when there is a target.

Comment

If I go through this much trouble, shoot me. Of course I said that about playing golf 20 years ago too.

Comment

There are some major differences here. You live in Florida, so you can just go outside. You also probably have newer, not worn out clubs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                      If I go through this much trouble, shoot me. Of course I said that about playing golf 20 years ago too.
                      Says the guy that goes balls deep on everything he does..

Comment

UCP have you addressed the noise yet?

Comment

New driver. Fixed it.

Comment

Ah ha!

Comment

Went and played 9 as a twosome. Gir and par on hole 1. But fell apart quickly thereafter. Wedge game was nice, i was nailing them, which ive been working on. It was a ton of fun though. Nothing like a real round. Well, half round.

Putting fucked me, hard. But that comes with time. I did make a beautiful pitcvh from a dry water hazard. That was neat, scored a pro v1x while i was out there.
                              Last edited by UCP; 11-18-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Those prov1 are legit. Can easily hit them a mile. I tried to use one to clear a water hazard and lost it.

Comment

Working...
                                X