Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 over on a par 60 (9 hole exec course, two laps), hit alot of greens. A load of chipping and short pitches, which is exactly what I need. Left the driver and 3 wood at home there was only one hole I could have used them with a full shot.

Several pars, and one birdie on a par 4. Drove the green with a 5 iron, about 215 yards, missed the eagle by two or three feet. Successfully cut a dog leg with a downhill landing zone. Best hole of the day for sure. Had a few 6s and 7s.

All in all, pretty good day.

Comment

• Comment

• You drove for 320 yards and then laid it up next to the hole at 85 yards (which is between clubs)????

Who's sponsoring you now?

Comment

• Yep, but that was the only birdie of the day. Broke 100, which considering the greens had just been aerated and sanded, i am pretty happy with that.

​​​ I play a 58゚ wedge, so that is a full shot for me. As far as 320 yd, that is not an uncommon range for me to reach, but i am at 5000ft. So consider that a 290 yd drive at sea level.

Comment

• How have you been playing lately? Anything coming up this weekend?

Comment

• Ahh I don't have a 58 in my arsenal. And I have been DYING to get up to Lake Tahoe to play at that elevation. Talk about a game changer!!!

This week will be the first week I finally get back into my regular weekly routine. I think the rain is finally over. Last week I did sneak out for a round of 9 and my total score put me at an 88 if it were a full course which is right where I want to be. Now that I have gotten my short and long game more consistent, I really need to improve the middle game... It never ends.. lol I didn't lose a single ball that round which is a win though. I've gotten to where I don't even pick up easter eggs anymore when I find them. I just leave them for the next noob because I'm able to hang onto my own balls well enough these days.

Comment

• I pick up some of them.

Comment

• I used a full shot with the LW because it was 85. It actually pitched to about 1' from the cup, and I was playing a chromesoft, if it wasn't sanded it probably would have been VERY close. If it were 75 I would have gone 54*, and I'm starting to get decent with that shot. That's like... full back swing with a totally passive downswing, just let the club fall.

My 54 SW is my main short club, I was undercutting the ball so much with the 58, or if I thin it it's over the green and I'm left with a 20 yard shot that I have to pop up real high to get it to stop in time. That 58 is just risky, but when it works it works well 80-85 is it's sweet spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                    I pick up some of them.
                    Whao

Comment

I used a full shot with the LW because it was 85. It actually pitched to about 1' from the cup, and I was playing a chromesoft, if it wasn't sanded it probably would have been VERY close. If it were 75 I would have gone 54*, and I'm starting to get decent with that shot. That's like... full back swing with a totally passive downswing, just let the club fall.

My 54 SW is my main short club, I was undercutting the ball so much with the 58, or if I thin it it's over the green and I'm left with a 20 yard shot that I have to pop up real high to get it to stop in time. That 58 is just risky, but when it works it works well 80-85 is it's sweet spot.
                      I go from pitching wedge to 54 sand wedge to a 60. My sand is good for 85-100. Anything inside of that I go to the 60*.

Got a course up the hill lined up for Sunday. It's a 9 hole but it has legit 5 pars. That will work the middle game that I need. Whole fucking course is dog-leg lefts though.

Comment

• I have all kinds of problems with my LW when the ball is in a high lie in the rough. I just slide under and barely move it. It has just worked out that the 54 is easier to control and i am less likely to fuck it up.

My chipping has improved a lot because I started moving ball position to control if it pops high or hugs the ground. I am currently a fan of the Phil Mickelson hinge and hold for chipping. Just limiting variables has helped decrease wayward shots. They are still there, just less prevalent.

I am selling off that launch monitor and a bunch of other stuff i dontreally need. I will probably get arccos to track stats and some lessons after paying off all these dental costs. The rest will go into savings.

Comment

• Whats a 9er cost up there?

Comment

My chipping has improved a lot because I started moving ball position to control if it pops high or hugs the ground. I am currently a fan of the Phil Mickelson hinge and hold for chipping. Just limiting variables has helped decrease wayward shots. They are still there, just less prevalent.
                            I've watched that video a dozen times.

Comment

Whats a 9er cost up there?
                              The one this weekend will be 25 w/cart. My weekly training ground is $13-$14 during twilight (but twilight starts early @ 2:00) if you're walking.

Comment

• Twilight is the best deal around. $12, $14 or $19 for the courses in town, starts at 3 now.

Comment

Working...
                                X