Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
    I am still a monster with that Senior 3 wood I play as a 5 wood. I am afraid to change it. Hell I'm hitting my 4 iron 200-220. My 3wood is not great, I'd almost rather hit that 5w unless it's off a tee.

If I'm still 200+ away from the hole after teeing off I'm going to my 3 wood every time. I can't get that distance out of irons for some reason. For some mental reason..

Comment

• FOr me, it has everything to do with a smooth swing, I stopped trying to hit it hard and just get good clean contact and compress the ball. It's a vastly different swing and it fucking flies.

Comment

FOr me, it has everything to do with a smooth swing, I stopped trying to hit it hard and just get good clean contact and compress the ball. It's a vastly different swing and it fucking flies.
        I will probably forever fight my desire to destroy the ball. It's my biggest weakness. But when I do manage to resist, man my ball placement is on point.

Comment

• Once I saw that the ball goes a LOT further and it was easier to do... that was it. I'm still not perfect, but I at least know that swinging at the ball is less effective than swinging the swing itself, there just happens to be a ball in the way.

A lot of my range time last night was dedicated to testing what effected flight shaping. I'm now in a strong draw. I'm just trying to isolate what I can change when I'm suck in a bad habit.
          Last edited by UCP; 04-06-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Stroller came, thing is massive unfolded. Round booked for tomorrow afternoon, but it is snowing so they may cancel.

Ill post more about the stroller and shop a bit later.

Comment

• Got the Clicgear 3.5+ from Discount Dan's Golf, which appears to just be the proshop of a course in Oregon. They have a website, but it doesn't have prices on it. There are many posts going back many years about people buying their gear here.

Their customer service is good, i didnt get a confirmation because of a typo or something, but i had to contact them with an issue and they were very fast to respond and good to deal with.

I got this pushcart for a good discount, not insane, but better than i could have got during Dick's big sale recently.

SM, I would recommend them.

Comment

• Comment

• Had a good time at TopGolf on Saturday. Now that is how you play this game.

Comment

• That is how you play a different, yet similar and fun game, yes.

Was going to go saturday until i realized it was Master's weekend and that the pricing was insane out here. $50 just to reserve a bay. None of us cared that much.

Turned into a beautiful 18 on Saturday.

Comment

img
                      Hot. Looks a lot like the one I got the SO last Xmas.
                      Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                      Had a good time at TopGolf on Saturday. Now that is how you play this game.
                      Topgolf makes rage.

Until I've had enough to drink and then I no longer care that they intentionally retard everything.

Comment

• Hit one of my pink balls so well today after work that the Marshall picked it up because he thought it was an errant shot from somewhere else, because "No lady it hitting it that hard." I'm bummed I didn't get to see it land, but it was a fun to have someone be impressed by a shot. It really worked out perfect, held the right side and then drew back to the middle of the fairway, 310 yds according to my GPS, but ti was also rolling downhill. Hit a few REALLY good ones, and a few REALLY bad ones, as usual. Drives are less dangerous though.

Comment

• It sure is nice following that cart down a nice long hill, it fucking sucks pushing it back up though.

Comment

It sure is nice following that cart down a nice long hill, it fucking sucks pushing it back up though.
                            HAHAH INDEED!!

I pull in the uphill.

Comment

• I do like the cart, but it feels odd still, like I'm grocery shopping in a field.

Comment

• It is so much easier though.

Comment

Working...
                                X