Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah, my town is fucking stupid. I can join the next town over for less that the 9 hole closest to my house. I likethis place, but not $135 worth... plus, it is not as on my way home, and i am trying to take take advantage of this work car as much as possible. The shitty place, which i really like, is 350 a year. But it isn't on my way home.... so idk... nothing is worth a longer commute. Plus there are no par 5s.

So cheap shithole i love.... $350 a year.

More challenging next town over $525.

Closest to my house, but passed it $660.

I need to see what the commute times are to each for a couple weeks and flexibility in getting on, because traffic is so hit or miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
      Gah, my town is fucking stupid. I can join the next town over for less that the 9 hole closest to my house. I likethis place, but not $135 worth... plus, it is not as on my way home, and i am trying to take take advantage of this work car as much as possible. The shitty place, which i really like, is 350 a year. But it isn't on my way home.... so idk... nothing is worth a longer commute. Plus there are no par 5s.

So cheap shithole i love.... $350 a year.

More challenging next town over $525.

Closest to my house, but passed it $660.

I need to see what the commute times are to each for a couple weeks and flexibility in getting on, because traffic is so hit or miss.
      Can you use the 'arrive by' feature on Google Maps to figure this out? It works quite well if the traffic is consistent (always heavy along a stretch of road between 6 and 9, say)

If the traffic is really hit or miss, I'm not sure how much use it would be.

Comment

• Traffic is hit or miss. Usually an hour drive, but if there is a wreck it becomes a 1.5 to 2 hr drive very quickly. My drive on Wednesday, for example, was 2 hours, thursday i stayed until 8 because fuck all that.

Comment

• dusted off the sticks today and headed for the range... first day in months above 70 so nice as fuck.

Comment

• How'd it go? In addition to that push cart I've got a spare shaft for my driver coming, same as I have, but in Stiff instead of regular. I don't expect there to be much difference, but I wanna try it out. Then I'm going to cut an inch off the back give it a try. I have pretty good reactions to just choking up a bit on driver, I wanna try it with the grip in the right place.

Comment

• That is an impressive interface. I am not diligent enough to mark my distances and clubs.

Comment

• It auto suggests clubs, so if it suggests the 58 and I use the 54, I just tap it and change it when I make the decision.... I'm already there because I use the gps distances to make decisions.

At the tee you have to confirm the tee location or use your GPS position, then you hit, walk to the ball, I pull out the app to get yardage, and while open I mark the shot.

This should be really easy once I'm push carting. I'm still getting used to it, but I really like the ability to review the round visually and not have a collection of scorecards.

I'd like to just get something like arccos but that's just not in the cards right now.

Comment

It auto suggests clubs, so if it suggests the 58 and I use the 54, I just tap it and change it when I make the decision.... I'm already there because I use the gps distances to make decisions.

At the tee you have to confirm the tee location or use your GPS position, then you hit, walk to the ball, I pull out the app to get yardage, and while open I mark the shot.

This should be really easy once I'm push carting. I'm still getting used to it, but I really like the ability to review the round visually and not have a collection of scorecards.

I'd like to just get something like arccos but that's just not in the cards right now.

Do you tell it up front how far you hit each club? For example, what distance do you get out of your 9?

The cart I linked has a spot for the phone right up in your face. I too use an app with GPS and score keeping. I know it tracks distances too I just don't get that into it I guess. The PGA has a new app called TeeOff that does all this too and I have downloaded but have not played with it yet. It is hard for me to change my ways and the current app has every round I've ever played in it so ti will be hard for me to switch.

Comment

• Yeah, you enter them. I think they have a feature to use your gps distances automatically, not sure it that's premium or included in the free version I am using. My distances aren't 100% accurate, but they have changed considerably.

Comment

• Had a chance to take that stiff shaft for my driver to the range tonight. Daddy like.

Just manually bending them with my hands and playing around while i was doing some practice swings I couldn't really tell a difference, but the second I hit a ball I could tell the difference I switched them back-and-forth a few times, and the stiff is definitely staying in .
                      Last edited by UCP; 04-05-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Had a chance to take that stiff shaft for my driver to the range tonight. Daddy like.

Just manually bending them with my hands and playing around while i was doing some practice swings I couldn't really tell a difference, but the second I hit a ball I could tell the difference I switched them back-and-forth a few times, and the stiff is definitely staying in .
                        Yea I've probably said this to you before but you're way too young to be swinging anything but stiff shafts. You have strength. The soft ones are for old people that lose their swing.

Comment

• They make pills for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                            They make pills for that.
                            Might want to mention that to Sergio Garcia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                              Yea I've probably said this to you before but you're way too young to be swinging anything but stiff shafts. You have strength. The soft ones are for old people that lose their swing.
                              I bought that driver right before I started working on my swing speed, I was in the right range for Regular flex at the time, a week later I was swinging 95-105, and now I'm hitting near 110 here and there.

The stiff shaft just feels more solid and controlled. The regular I felt like I couldn't be certain where the face would be delivered until very recently, the stiff I feel like what I put in is what I get out moreso. It just works with my brain better right now.

Comment

• I am still a monster with that Senior 3 wood I play as a 5 wood. I am afraid to change it. Hell I'm hitting my 4 iron 200-220. My 3wood is not great, I'd almost rather hit that 5w unless it's off a tee.

Comment

Working...
                                X