Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything a Canadian needs to know about golf: https://youtu.be/HRLRa1lLwLQ?t=7m9s

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jip View Post
      Everything a Canadian needs to know about golf: https://youtu.be/HRLRa1lLwLQ?t=7m9s
      Is this a Canadian take on redneck America?

      And 'gooses' is actually a word up there?

      Comment


      • Only thing you really need to know about golf is that Tiger Woods is in first place right now. O_O

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
          Is this a Canadian take on redneck America?
          Oh fuck no -- this is a Canadian take on Canadian rednecks. Remember -- we have WAY more rural area that you do. Possibly the best show on Canadian TV right now -- which, to be fair, is a bar lower than Ahab's lady standards 5 years ago.

          And 'gooses' is actually a word up there?
          :duh:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
            Only thing you really need to know about golf is that Tiger Woods is in first place right now. O_O

            wut? He is still playing? I figured the AIDS would have killed him by now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jip View Post

              Oh fuck no -- this is a Canadian take on Canadian rednecks. Remember -- we have WAY more rural area that you do. Possibly the best show on Canadian TV right now -- which, to be fair, is a bar lower than Ahab's lady standards 5 years ago.



              :duh:
              But they don't have sweet Canadian accents and say AYE a bunch and shit.
              Originally posted by jip View Post


              wut? He is still playing? I figured the AIDS would have killed him by now.
              He's finally healed for the first time in almost a decade and can actually finish rounds again. They finally fused his vertebrae together.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jip View Post
                Everything a Canadian needs to know about golf: https://youtu.be/HRLRa1lLwLQ?t=7m9s
                Gonna see if I can get this on plex. Interesting shit tv.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                  Gonna see if I can get this on plex. Interesting shit tv.
                  Have you been successful getting series from Youtube?

                  I want to see if I can get that OJ Simpson interview on Sunday too.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                    Gonna see if I can get this on plex. Interesting shit tv.
                    It is aired by Crave Tv if that helps.

                    Comment


                    • They were on comedy central at some point too. Not sure if they are anymore. I did find it and have all 4 seasons. Loving Wayne.

                      Not sure about youtube videos,sm. I just tell sonarr the name of the show and it does its thing. I do not really pay attention to the network or source it is from.

                      Comment


                      • Wayne is solid, no doubt, but Squirrely Dan is awesome.

                        Comment


                        • Went to the driving range because it was 70* outside.

                          I couldnt pull my irons together, but my woods were decent. Putted and chipped for a while, then when it cleared out I pitched all of the errant range balls back in. After that I walked around a few hazards and found 4 balls. On my way back in at sunset I played 2 at the 14th, a par 4, about 325 yards.

                          Two good drives, about 225 to the right side of the fairway. One 100yrd pitch, on about 80, both on the green, i saw it as a middle pin, but it was in front. Drained the first one for a birdie, then had 3 on the longer one because I left my first one about half way. The second left me with a tap in for bogey.

                          Man... I am going to try and remember that hole. I am quite satisfied with a bogey and I have never gone 1 under before.

                          Now to do it during an actual round. Still great way to enjoy a nice evening.

                          Comment


                          • Do they not color code the flags on your course to tell you pin location?

                            Comment


                            • I don't believe so, I honestly did not know that was a thing. I'll have to take a better look on Saturday (I have been playing mostly winter rules where the flag is moved by each group to minimize wear.)

                              The sun was also setting behind it, so it was hard to see, but at any rate I should have looked when walking up to the teebox.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UCP View Post
                                I don't believe so, I honestly did not know that was a thing. I'll have to take a better look on Saturday (I have been playing mostly winter rules where the flag is moved by each group to minimize wear.)

                                The sun was also setting behind it, so it was hard to see, but at any rate I should have looked when walking up to the teebox.
                                Golf is the absolute hardest at sunset. Your depth perception breaks down and the shadows that grass cuts across the ground make the ball very hard to find.

                                Flags are just like the yardage markers. So you have blue at the farthest that identifies 200 yards, white is 150 yards, and red 100 yards out. Then on the green you have red flags which are holes in the front, white is the middle of the green and blue is the back.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X