Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure that while my job irritates the fuck out of me, the pay is probably far worse a GG. Also, retail. If I were to get into the golf biz it would be something to do with home and pro simulators. I don't really think I want to do that.

Comment

• GG?

Comment

• Golf Galaxy

Retail golf store

Comment

• Finished re-epoxying my irons, all new matching ferrules, looking good, I still need to redo one grip and then they will be done.

I reshafted my putter, i had scorched the original shaft because the head was loose when i got it. New shaft is on and an new jumbo grip is on. This time i used a level to line the grip up perpendicular to the face. I jist lined it up visually the first time.

I trimmed the length about an inch shorter too, my long arms dont necessitate a 35" shaft. Also, just trying something different.

Looks and feels nice.

SM, what kind of pants do you golf in? I have just been using regular slacks and kahkis because I never really wear that shit anymore. Thinking about getting some Adidas or UA bottoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
            Finished re-epoxying my irons, all new matching ferrules, looking good, I still need to redo one grip and then they will be done.

I reshafted my putter, i had scorched the original shaft because the head was loose when i got it. New shaft is on and an new jumbo grip is on. This time i used a level to line the grip up perpendicular to the face. I jist lined it up visually the first time.

I trimmed the length about an inch shorter too, my long arms dont necessitate a 35" shaft. Also, just trying something different.

Looks and feels nice.

SM, what kind of pants do you golf in? I have just been using regular slacks and kahkis because I never really wear that shit anymore. Thinking about getting some Adidas or UA bottoms.
            How many pages back did you say that jumbo putter grips were for homers? lol

I wear Loudmouth pants when I golf in the winter. Old timers won't have anything to do with me when it is cold because my pants are so obnoxious. But I don't care. They are the most comfortable attire ever.

I'm going through withdrawals. Hopefully the weather can keep its shit together well enough this week for me to get a few in on Friday.

Comment

• Not many. This one is more of a large pistol grip than the big super strokes.

Just trying whatever I can, but you are right.

IDK about the LM's... that's a bit too extra for me. I'm glad to have the irons back together, I need to get out ASAP.

Comment

• Hell, I might even get a push-cart.... I'd prefer to walk but, walking 18 might not be a fantastic idea for my back, It's... really hard to justify in my head though.

Comment

• I'm push cart crew. I push for 9, ride for 18. My reasoning for getting one was two fold. First the obvious (back) but also because I was tired of putting my bag in goose shit.

I have shit feet which is why I don't push a whole 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                    I'm push cart crew. I push for 9, ride for 18. My reasoning for getting one was two fold. First the obvious (back) but also because I was tired of putting my bag in goose shit.

I have shit feet which is why I don't push a whole 18.

Well, I believe that because you've already laid out the goose problem and I know you're wearing flip-flops.

Comment

• That would be awesome to wear flip flops on the course.

Comment

• What stroller do you use?

Comment

• Bag Boy Quad XL: https://www.amazon.com/Bag-Boy-Quad-...boy+golf+carts

Super light, and it folds down super small (which benefits Jeeps).

I also got the these wheel bags direct from them because goose shit: https://bagboycompany.com/quad-dirt-bag-black.html

Holds carry bags and cart bags very well. It holds your phone front and center which is useful for me because I use Swing by Swing as my scorecard as well as my distance device. Only thing I don't like about it is how flimsy the umbrella holder seems. I haven't actually used that feature yet though. I chose the 4 wheel design because it won't fall over no matter where or how you park it.

Comment

• Do use an umbrella for shade? Seems like it could be nice. I also keep looking at the stool attachments. Fuck I really am getting old fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                              Do use an umbrella for shade? Seems like it could be nice. I also keep looking at the stool attachments. Fuck I really am getting old fast.
                              HAHAHOOHEHEHAHAHA!™

I have not yet. I do carry an umbrella in my bag but I got it at the tail end of last summer. I've often thought about it but I kind of stopped playing in over 100 degree weather. I will try it this year.

I do wear arm sleeves in the summer though. I watched my dad go through a bout with skin cancer and I ain't about that life at all.

Comment

• The times when I'd think, "fuck I could use an umbrella right now" is when I'm trapped in the sun with no shade to run to because I'm behind slow people. Outside of that I never think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X