Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been playing like shit this week. But that will happen. I'm great in practice, but when on the course this passed Saturday I fell apart. Still some good shots, but not good overall.

Grabbed a cheap turf rug from the home depot to practice on, it's really fast, but it's better than what I had. As I grow more familiar with my putter I find myself enjoying putting practice a lot more than before. Thank goodness.

Hope you get your LW sorted, that is my go-to around the greens, unless I'm in sand.

Comment

• Yalls weather is making me angry. 30s and wet.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
        I have been playing like shit this week. But that will happen. I'm great in practice, but when on the course this passed Saturday I fell apart. Still some good shots, but not good overall.

Grabbed a cheap turf rug from the home depot to practice on, it's really fast, but it's better than what I had. As I grow more familiar with my putter I find myself enjoying putting practice a lot more than before. Thank goodness.

Hope you get your LW sorted, that is my go-to around the greens, unless I'm in sand.
        Thanks. I haven't even been to the range with it yet so I'm playing the guessing game out on the course. I've been somewhat successful at times with it though. Super glad I got it.
        Originally posted by flip View Post
        Yalls weather is making me angry. 30s and wet.
        70 and sunny on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if winter was over out here.

Comment

• Just scheduled a lesson for the SO in a few weeks with the local LPGA pro. I think spending an hour on her mechanics will really benefit her consistency and I don't think I'm the one to teach her. I can give her tips but she needs to really develop a strong foundation. She whiffs way too much. I think she will enjoy her first 18 hole that we play when we're in Napa next month a lot more with some professional knowledge in the bank. I know my lessons catapulted well beyond my friends, some of which have played for decades.

Comment

• https://www.golfersjournal.com/shop/..._referrer=5751

You might enjoy this SM. Not cheap, but incredibly well done.
            Last edited by UCP; Yesterday, 12:05 AM.

Comment

https://www.golfersjournal.com/shop/..._referrer=5751

You might enjoy this SM. Not cheap, but incredibly well done.
              I used to have access to someone's subscription to something just like this. I read every article and watched every tutorial. Then I went to the range and it completely destroyed everything I had built. LMAO.

Then I took some lessons and got back on track.

Comment

• This is not that kind of publication, at all. This is more about the stories of golf, not product highlights and swing tips. Extremely well made, High quality photography, limited advertising.

I would not recommend a golf rag. This is a quarterly release publication that you can proudly set out. Again, I genuinely thing you would like this.
                Last edited by UCP; Yesterday, 09:21 AM.

Comment

This is not that kind of publication, at all. This is more about the stories of golf, not product highlights and swing tips. Extremely well made, High quality photography, limited advertising.

I would not recommend a golf rag. This is a quarterly release publication that you can proudly set out. Again, I genuinely thing you would like this.
                  Well then I shall take a closer look. Thank you

Comment

• You are the only person I've sent a referral link. If you wind up going for it, use the link and we'll both get an issue added on for free. They are affiliated with The Surfer's Journal which has been a thing since the early 90's. I've already got two issues in hand, and I'm quite happy with them. I got a free subscription to Golf Magazine when I bought that launch monitor. The cover of that is thinner than the pages of TGJ. I cut my address off the GM when I get them and throw them on the toilet at work.

Comment

You are the only person I've sent a referral link. If you wind up going for it, use the link and we'll both get an issue added on for free. They are affiliated with The Surfer's Journal which has been a thing since the early 90's. I've already got two issues in hand, and I'm quite happy with them. I got a free subscription to Golf Magazine when I bought that launch monitor. The cover of that is thinner than the pages of TGJ. I cut my address off the GM when I get them and throw them on the toilet at work.
                      I put it on my birthday wish list for next month. I included the link so you'll probably know before I do if I get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X