Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment




    • Got that Cobra 3w and took it to the range over lunch. I consistently hit it thin. Not terrible hits, just 200 yard shots that peaked around 10 yards high. I'm pretty sure this is because it's a stiffer shaft than the senior club I use as a 5w. They're the same length, and essentially the same shape. I'm thinking I've learned to account for the extra flex pulling the other face down, so now I'm just coming int .5 to 3/4 of an inch high.

      I still like it, it's got a great sound for my ear. The couple shots I hith clean were carrying 230-250 I'd guess, so it should work in real nice.

      Comment





      • You have no business using senior clubs bro.

        Comment


        • Does hitting it thin cause line drives?

          Comment


          • Yeah, I plan to replace the shaft, the head is still good. I'll just get the same thing that came in the new one, should be close enough. I still want to put a stiff shaft in the Ping Driver as well, those are about $60 with the tip installed on ebay.

            I'll probably wait until later in the year to do that stuff though, I'd like to get cooking on lessons.

            Comment


            • I didn't realize how spoiled I was when I decided to pick up golf in a drought..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by flip View Post
                Does hitting it thin cause line drives?
                It can, yes. Hitting under the COG and lower on the face will not start as high, it should have quite a bit of spin though, which is what kept it from just rolling on the ground. The back spin was what was able to lift it up out away from the ground even though the trajectory was shit.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                  I didn't realize how spoiled I was when I decided to pick up golf in a drought..
                  In what manner, not sure I follow what you mean?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by UCP View Post
                    It can, yes. Hitting under the COG and lower on the face will not start as high, it should have quite a bit of spin though, which is what kept it from just rolling on the ground. The back spin was what was able to lift it up out away from the ground even though the trajectory was shit.
                    Worm burner!!
                    Originally posted by UCP View Post
                    In what manner, not sure I follow what you mean?
                    When I started golfing, California was in a decade long drought. I could literally golf every day because it didn't rain for the entire first 2 years of play. Now I can't get a tee time because the rain is perfectly trolling me and dropping buckets either on the day or the day before I would normally hit the links. I'm too pretty to golf in mud.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UCP View Post
                      It can, yes. Hitting under the COG and lower on the face will not start as high, it should have quite a bit of spin though, which is what kept it from just rolling on the ground. The back spin was what was able to lift it up out away from the ground even though the trajectory was shit.
                      See I kept thinking I was hitting the top of the ball, not the bottom of the ball. Too low, not too high.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by flip View Post

                        See I kept thinking I was hitting the top of the ball, not the bottom of the ball. Too low, not too high.
                        COG of the club, not the ball. If you hit it too low on the face of the club there is no saving it and it just rolls out. Bottom of club SHOULD mean top of the ball, unless you're teed up... even then.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post

                          Worm burner!!

                          When I started golfing, California was in a decade long drought. I could literally golf every day because it didn't rain for the entire first 2 years of play. Now I can't get a tee time because the rain is perfectly trolling me and dropping buckets either on the day or the day before I would normally hit the links. I'm too pretty to golf in mud.
                          I would golf in the rain, but I'm stupid. I forgot that you'd said it was raining out there, my bad.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UCP View Post
                            I would golf in the rain, but I'm stupid. I forgot that you'd said it was raining out there, my bad.
                            I did that once.. on accident. I was golfing at Mount Shasta and I had no idea a mountain that big literally made its own climate in the desert. We had hail like rain coming out of the sky by the third hole and there wasn't a cloud in the sky when we got there. That's not fun.

                            Comment


                            • I bought an introductory lesson tomorrow.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by flip View Post
                                I bought an introductory lesson tomorrow.

                                My initial lessons were worth their weight in gold. That got me good enough to go out with real golfers who then taught me how it works on the course versus the range.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X