Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 is all I use. Everything else stays in the bag at that distance off the fairway.

Comment

• What distance off the FW? I dont know what you're saying...

Comment

• Anything from 200 yards and out I'm using the 3W off the fairway nad if it is farther than 200 yards I'm probably not getting to the green in one stroke. Inside of 200 I go to the irons starting at 5.

Comment

• You don't have a club you use between a 3w and a 5i? My 5 is a 200 to 240 club, my 4i is a 180 to 205is club. You gapping like a mofo.

What are your distances for 1 and 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
            You don't have a club you use between a 3w and a 5i? My 5 is a 200 to 240 club, my 4i is a 180 to 205is club. You gapping like a mofo.

What are your distances for 1 and 3?
            Yup, its a gap for sure but that doesn't come into play at my practice course. I drive up to 250-300 yards accurately and there are no holes longer than 500 yards.

I did close the gap on the small end though with the 60* lob wedge I picked up last month. That helps a TON.

My 3 goes 200-220 easily so the only gap is between my 1 and 3 because the 5i comes in around 190.
            Last edited by Spider Monkey; 01-11-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• The 3 should be much closer to the 1, sounds like you have a stronger lofted set if you end at a 5i.

Although i may have trouble with my 3 since my 5 is actually a senior club. One i have a stiffer shaft it may prove more difficult.
              Last edited by UCP; 01-11-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                The 3 should be much closer to the 5, sounds like you have a stronger lofted set if you end at a 5i.
                I make it all work somehow.

Comment

• Come to think of it I don't know if I've ever used my 7 iron either.

Comment

• Had an interesting golf weekend. Chipped Friday after work, didn't do great. Went to the driving range and practiced more putting/chipping Saturday, then played 9 on saturday.

Saturday at the driving range I had my 4i head come off the shaft and tumble out to about 100yards. Guy must have left these things in his trunk in the summer or something... it was a pretty easy fix though, a little emery cloth, then clean with alcohol, then some epoxy. It was good for the next day. I've been working on coming up with a putting routine. I just grabbed onto something I saw in a video from Bebettergolf, it's a bit hokey, but it at least has me taking each putt more seriously.

Sunday... man, I fell apart. Well, I had several good shots, but my wedges were way off, I lost a lot less strokes to putting than normal, but it was just a bad nine, that's all there is to it. We were jammed up, and there was at least 5 groups all waiting in a row, so I had these old ladies constantly in my shit, hitting into us and complaining that we were going slow, but there was a 4 some in the landing area, waiting on a 4 some to clear the green. It just made it much less fun overall. I was ready tell the old ladies that the could go ahead, but I'd start hitting once they got out 170 yards, since that's what they wanted me to do to the other group.

Eh, next time it will be better.

Comment

• 3 wood shows up tomorrow. Can't wait.

Comment

• Wound up being $9 for 9 and cart.

Comment

• Mad jelly. It's nothing but rain out here.

Comment

• Oh, it snowed the next day. 60's Thursday and Friday, then cold and snow this weekend. Don't be too jelly.

Comment

• Here's my bag bro. Click it, it's not my scrotum, I promise.

https://imgur.com/a/GlPSW

Comment

• Good spread.

Comment

Working...
                                X