Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
    Jelly.
    Are you under snow out there yet? It has rained out here in months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
      Are you under snow out there yet? It has rained out here in months.

We got an inch this morning, but for the most part it's been... nice.

The stuff from this morning was gone as soon as the sun came up.

Comment

We got an inch this morning, but for the most part it's been... nice.

The stuff from this morning was gone as soon as the sun came up.

To the courses just close down and wait for it to melt off or do they plow it?

Comment

• I don't know about snow, I know they stop for frost like everyone else. Probably largely depends on the course. Haystack.... I don't think they know fear. The nicer courses probably wait for it to melt. I just haven't experienced it yet. I do know that along the front range the courses do not shut down for the year. I'm not even positive if they go to temporary greens. It's so nice here they probably can just wait it out.

Comment

• I'm aware that there are special cart rules about frost but I don't know what they are. Probably something about staying on the cart path all day..?

Comment

• Played a full 18 Saturday. I actually pulled it together decently in the second nine, I always stuck to 9's figuring I'd fatigue and devolve into a shit show. I didn't do massively better, but I definitely held it together. Not all great, but some very good, I'm starting to make better decisions course management wise too. Still didn't break 100, very inconsistent on putting, but hey, this is how you improve.

Good stuff.

Best shot was being pinned behind a spruce, 80 to 100 yards out. I had a clear shot but only about 3' to 4' height to about 10' out to clear the bottom of the tree. I knew I had to punch it out, but I'm not all that comfortable with punching my irons. Grabbed my 18* wood, set the ball at my back foot, took all the loft off that I could, and hit down on it heavy with a 60% shot. The ball cam out as a nice low skipping shot just left of the green in the second cut. It's what I meant to do, just a fucking miracle that it worked.

Fun times.
              Last edited by UCP; 12-17-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• I punch with my 8 iron. Seems to work best for me because those shots are usually in the rough where a wood won't work very well at all. I do the same thing with ball positioning too where I hit past the ball basically.

Comment

• Played 18 at Ute Creek today. I'm still over 100, mostly because I don't give a shit if I putt poorly. Once I got the driver under control I was hitting it very well. I measures one of a few VERY good drives at 282, I have to contribute some of that to the cold. I'm also working on course management. They guy I ride with (a coworker) tried telling me I was off line on a green shot, I was hitting my 5w, so likely 210-220 out. I said I knew I was off to the right but that was because of the bunker up the left. Hit it with a baby draw and rolled it up to 10 feet out. He noted that I made a good call telling the caddy the STFU.

Damn near got my first Eagle before my first birdie. Over shot the green in 2 on a par5, then chipped ate the pin, nailed the hole, but just had too much energy and popped out. Then I 4 putted it, lol. Goddamnit.

Comment

• 60* today, working in a par 3 one way or another.

Comment

• No snow up there yet I gander then..?

Comment

• There has been. Ute Creek had snow on the course still. It's mostly gone. A lot of the courses in town are clear.

Comment

• We're losing all of our snow out here right now to a rain storm.

Comment

• The central mountains are bare right now. Summer's sounding smokey already.

Comment

The central mountains are bare right now. Summer's sounding smokey already.
                              Don't let fires distract you from living in beauty. They're just cosmetic.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X