Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting the dimples on my balls for fun.

Enough of us golf, here's the golf thread.

I grabbed a net, a good mat, a Shag Bag, and a SkyTrak. I'm not paying for range balls every time I want to hit. I think it's important to see a real flight, but for not the ST will do.

I have a bunch of impact labels that I bought over time.

This winter I am going to work heavily on refining my strike, between the labels, ballspeed and trajectory, and 240fps on my S8, I think I can probably improve my game the most with that.

I plan to start doing monthly lessons as well so someone who knows what they're doing can weigh in.

Not sure how I'll evaluate lie delivery just yet.

My goal is to be hitting solid enough that getting fit will not put me into a set of clubs that I will "grow out of" a year or two down the line.

Where are you ending the season? Goals for next year? Superlatives from this passing season?

You probably only need 3-4 lessons bro. That is all I needed to grasp the concepts of each swing. Then consistency can only be learned at the range (or what ever you just built) after that IMO.

I made a major breakthrough with my driver swing this year. Consistency went up to a 4 out of 5 swings with well over 200yd distance each time. The change was in my back swing. Go back farther, slower. Changed my entire game. Finished my last round at 88. That's good enough for me to maintain with the big dogs. If I slowed down and gave each swing a 2 minute prep time I could probably knock a few more swings off that because I get over confident and my strength tries to creep in at times. Regardless, I'm extremely pleased with where my game is now that I'm 3ish years into it.

I can't wait for winter ball. I get the courses all to myself. I dusted off the spiked boots last Friday.

Where are you putting your new set up?

Comment

Just in the back yard. The only room that could really fit it is the living room.... and thats where my stereo is.

Comment

Not a golfer, but curiosity got the best of me and I Google'd the SkyTrack. Did you buy the ~$2,000 home net?

https://shop.skygolf.com/p-2312-homecourse-pro-net.aspx

Comment

No. I bought a cheap net and a refurb.

Comment

Got ya. Still pretty SRS bout your game then. When I first saw the price I was like 'HOLY SHIT, this bro really wants to get good!'

Comment

Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post
              Got ya. Still pretty SRS bout your game then. When I first saw the price I was like 'HOLY SHIT, this bro really wants to get good!'
              It's not a cheap sport bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                It's not a cheap sport bro.
                Other than soccer, though, what is?

Basketball, I suppose. Football. Baseball, kinda?

Ok, so - yeah - golf is spendy.

Comment

This is cheaper than new clubs. Im trying to focus on the right areas. I am also a hopeless data nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post

Other than soccer, though, what is?

Basketball, I suppose. Football. Baseball, kinda?

Ok, so - yeah - golf is spendy.
                    None of those cost $50 every time you play AFTER you have purchased all of the equipment.

Comment

None of those cost $50 every time you play AFTER you have purchased all of the equipment.
                      Jesus. That's almost half as expensive as skiing! :-o

Comment

I enjoy the driving range, chipping green, and putting green separately. But for some reason when you combine all those into something with an end goal, I can't stand the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
                          Jesus. That's almost half as expensive as skiing! :-o
                          Skiing makes sense to get a season pass. There's no season pass for golf. There's memberships but those are in the tens of thousands compared to a $600 season ski pass.

Comment

But generally, skiing is another rich white man sport.

Comment

Skiing makes sense to get a season pass. There's no season pass for golf. There's memberships but those are in the tens of thousands compared to a $600 season ski pass.
                              Courses are expensive as fuck to maintain. Our club spends around $50k-$75k per month on course maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                              X