Post the next thing you want to buy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post the next thing you want to buy.

My next purchase is another ticket to Winnipeg for my trip in April.

A bucket of range balls.

In two hours.

Comment

Going to test drive the CX5 in an hour. If it works out, I'll start hunting for my BRZ. Got a new water heater being installed Sunday. And a liberal fuck ton of stuff needed for the house. It just doesn't end. Protip: have at least 20k in the bank after closing if you buy a house. Unless you buy a new construction .. in that case, ymmv.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
        Going to test drive the CX5 in an hour. If it works out, I'll start hunting for my BRZ. Got a new water heater being installed Sunday. And a liberal fuck ton of stuff needed for the house. It just doesn't end. Protip: have at least 20k in the bank after closing if you buy a house. Unless you buy a new construction .. in that case, ymmv.
        Wife loves her CX5.

Also, what are you spending money on, is it repairs/updates, or just filling the house with stuffs?

And lol @ lib autocorrect fail again. Damn liberal hipsters.

Comment

Tripod.

Friend of mine may have a lead on one for freez or close to it. That French carbon fiber tho

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Pants
            Wife loves her CX5. Also, what are you spending money on, is it repairs/updates, or just filling the house with stuffs? And lol @ lib autocorrect fail again. Damn liberal hipsters.
            Mostly filling the house .. but I also replaced the fridge (old one now my beer fridge), needed washer and dryer, and the water heater was 20 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
              You going tankless?

Comment

What are the pros/cons of tankless?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
                  What are the pros/cons of tankless?

I don't know if the cons of unstable temp is still an issue with new tech, but the pros I like are that it doesn't take up any space in the garage (hangs on the wall) and it uses electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post

I don't know if the cons of unstable temp is still an issue with new tech, but the pros I like are that it doesn't take up any space in the garage (hangs on the wall) and it uses electricity.

Ah, I remember briefly looking into them when I replaced mine a couple years back, but I just went with a 50gal electric.

Comment

Ah, I remember briefly looking into them when I replaced mine a couple years back, but I just went with a 50gal electric.
                      I didn't know there were electric tank options. That's rad. Now I know for sure when I replace mine I don't need gas, no matter which route I take.

Comment

I didn't know there were electric tank options. That's rad. Now I know for sure when I replace mine I don't need gas, no matter which route I take.
                        Yerp, they're cheap af- paid under $300 for mine. Fun part was draining the old one and lugging it up the stairs.

Comment

Yerp, they're cheap af- paid under $300 for mine. Fun part was draining the old one and lugging it up the stairs.
                          That's cheap as fuck. People always be bitching about replacing them..

Mine could just drain out of the garage door.

Comment

That's cheap as fuck. People always be bitching about replacing them..

Mine could just drain out of the garage door.

Very cheap. From what I read, the big differences between a cheap one and a more expensive one within the same mfg is the anode, which you can add/replace yourself. I got a Whirlpool w/ a 6 year warranty (I believe they do 6,9, &12 year units). Install is a piece of cake, too. Just a little soldering and hooking up the power cables.

Comment

Very cheap. From what I read, the big differences between a cheap one and a more expensive one within the same mfg is the anode, which you can add/replace yourself. I got a Whirlpool w/ a 6 year warranty (I believe they do 6,9, &12 year units). Install is a piece of cake, too. Just a little soldering and hooking up the power cables.
                              I would be going from gas to electric though. I'd probably have to add a step.

Comment

Working...
                              X