Finally a Reason that Validates Alexa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a Reason that Validates Alexa

, Now your Logitech Harmony remote works with Amazon Alexa. It's so easy to turn on the TV simply say “Alexa, Turn on the TV” and your TV and soundbar will come on. Of course you can start and stop Harmony Activities as well, you can say “Alexa, turn on Netflix.” All your entertainment is now a simple command away!
    TELEVISION!

Neat. My Fire stick does that.

Comment

Alfred, watch formula one.

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post
        Neat. My Fire stick does that.
        Your fire stick doesn't tell your wife what to shop for though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
          Your fire stick doesn't tell your wife what to shop for though.
          Hell, *I* don't do that.

Comment

Hell, *I* don't do that.
            "Put vodka on the list" is something I have to say every week. Now I'll just tell Alfred.

Comment

"Put vodka on the list" is something I have to say every week. Now I'll just tell Alfred.
              I buy my own beer and scotch because when she does, she buys things that look fun or interesting. This is not how one buys booze, but ... women.

Comment

I buy my own beer and scotch because when she does, she buys things that look fun or interesting. This is not how one buys booze, but ... women.
                LMAO! Mine picks out a new kind of 6 pack every week just like that!!!

I don't care though because keg.

Comment

LMAO! Mine picks out a new kind of 6 pack every week just like that!!!

I don't care though because keg.
                  Nice!

Comment

What's in the keg right now?

Comment

TELEVISION!
                      Alfred talking to Alfred.

In a space that’s quickly becoming crowded, Mycroft sets itself apart from other smarthome voice controllers by basing its hardware on the Raspberry Pi and Arduino single-board computers. And because of the huge community based around both of these computers, it’s safe to say that Mycroft will likely be very popular and highly customized by a lot of at-home hackers. Like the other controllers, Mycroft controls all of your smarthome devices, but it also allows you to control a few other things that the alternatives don’t, like posting to social media, specifying where your music is played, controlling a Roomba, and even firing up a 3D printer.

Comment

Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                        Alfred talking to Alfred.

In a space that’s quickly becoming crowded, Mycroft sets itself apart from other smarthome voice controllers by basing its hardware on the Raspberry Pi and Arduino single-board computers. And because of the huge community based around both of these computers, it’s safe to say that Mycroft will likely be very popular and highly customized by a lot of at-home hackers. Like the other controllers, Mycroft controls all of your smarthome devices, but it also allows you to control a few other things that the alternatives don’t, like posting to social media, specifying where your music is played, controlling a Roomba, and even firing up a 3D printer.
                        WELL HELLO THERE.

My god they missed the ball on the design though. That thing looks retarded.

Comment

Indeed, the ugly is strong.

Comment

Working...
                          X