Do you even Man Cave?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    They're still just loads. Nothing makes them turkey loads. Don't make me change the filters on this motherfucking forum to calm your tits bro.
    About the only thing that would feasible to hunt with my loads would be turkey. Way too $$ for other game (where you shoot a lot more), way more effective loads for self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post

About the only thing that would feasible to hunt with my loads would be turkey. Way too $$ for other game (where you shoot a lot more), way more effective loads for self defense.
      About the only thing in this world I could imagine that I'd never want to shoot is a bird that can't even fly.

Comment

Wait, do peacocks fly? Because I've killed one of those.

With a shotgun shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
          They're still just loads. Nothing makes them turkey loads. Don't make me change the filters on this motherfucking forum to calm your tits bro.

That was hilarious.

Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post

Definitely get better reliability (and often quality) than off the shelf. Rifles can be finicky. For example, when I got my current .300WSM, I tried several factory loads and struggled to MOA precision (1" groups @ 100 yards). With a little tinkering on reloads, we got the groups down to 3/4" and actually cut the same hole with some shots.

With turkey loads, handloading dominates because of consistency. There have been instances in the past few years where some of the most popular turkey loads were shooting differently according to the date they were produced (people didn't know the date, but the 'Lot numbers' are on each box). One lot may put 200"+ in a 10" circle at 40 yards, another lot may only put 150". EXACT same load, drastically different results. I experienced this shit myself and it is frustrating. I take my turkey hunting way too seriously.

In another turkey load instance, the manufactorer changed wads from one season to the next. Once again, results changed! Tons of turkey hunters pissed because the new wads were decreasing the performance of the load compared to the prior season.

Now with my handloads, I know EXACTLY what I am getting. Plus the tungsten shot I shoot is the baddest shit on the market. WAYYYY denser than lead, packs way more downrange energy, holds tighter patterns, and I can use smaller shot (due to the increase in downrange energy) which gives me a higher pellet count.
          Interesting. Thanks -- I don't hunt but I do find this kind of random knowledge fascinating.

Comment

Loads and wads............

Comment

Originally posted by datniggadussin View Post
              Loads and wads............
              Do you handle this by yourself or the service of others?

Comment

Working...
              X