Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post the last thing you bought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Added to Amazon Buy Later list.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post
      My last supplement/condiment order just arrived! In my order notes I told them to hook me up on samples since I'm a loyal customer. They did! Can't wait to try the bagels, you bros convinced me to buy them. Think I'll make a me a turkey bacon, egg, and cheese sammich with one in the morning.



      Always interesting to see how people are using supplements, does the BBQ keep your muscles tender?

      Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
      You have used your sealer probably more than everyone else here combined. Post the model.
      Word.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
        I have used it more often than I thought I would. It is used for taking air out of the zip bags. I use it for leftovers, marinating and to cook sous vide.
        What do you use to cook sous vide? Your thoughts on it?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MakeCTGreatAgain View Post

          Always interesting to see how people are using supplements, does the BBQ keep your muscles tender?



          Word.
          It makes the muscles sweet

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MakeCTGreatAgain View Post

            Always interesting to see how people are using supplements, does the BBQ keep your muscles tender?



            Word.

            You missed the 'condiment' part. But it keeps me shredded cuz the calories low!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MakeCTGreatAgain View Post

              What do you use to cook sous vide? Your thoughts on it?
              I have been taking exactly the same approach you are. I have not taken the full plunge yet on a dedicated piece of equipment. I find various ways to maintain temps manually and experiment. It has worked well but an automated means will offer better consistency obviously. Most of what I have done sous vide has been great. However, I could not get chops to come out right. there is no doubt that flavor and moisture is locked in. Using the foodsaver zipper bags is a little tricky because you really don't want the the valve submerged but a clip can solve for that.

              I didn't weigh in on the subject when you brought it up because we are in the same spot with it and I knew nG would chime in with more. I will most likely buy something just not sure at this point.

              Comment


              • I tried two of the p28 bagels yesterday.

                Bagel #1: Made a breakfast sandwich with fried egg and cheese. It was decent, nothing special.

                Bagel #2: Toasted half with butter, spread pb2 on other half. NOMZ!

                Definitely prefer to eat method #2. We all know I am a protein connoisseur, and have experimented with all things protein . This is one of the few 'protein' items that actually completely resembles the 'real' thing! Tastes like a normal bagel and even the texture is straight up bagel. Surprised the heck out of me. I really enjoyed the toasted butter and spread pb2 bagel halves and can understand why some of you routinely buy them.

                The only downfall..Not sold locally. Looks like I'd have to drive an hour to buy some. And too $$ for me to justify buying them online unless I am also ordering something else.

                But I will be buying more, eventually!

                Comment


                • Me subscribe to some food place called thrivemarket. You may be able to fund them there cheaper

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by flip View Post
                    Me subscribe to some food place called thrivemarket. You may be able to fund them there cheaper
                    just looked, they don't have. browsed items and doesn't really fit my bill. decent concept though, thanks for reccomendation!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
                      I have been taking exactly the same approach you are. I have not taken the full plunge yet on a dedicated piece of equipment. I find various ways to maintain temps manually and experiment. It has worked well but an automated means will offer better consistency obviously. Most of what I have done sous vide has been great. However, I could not get chops to come out right. there is no doubt that flavor and moisture is locked in. Using the foodsaver zipper bags is a little tricky because you really don't want the the valve submerged but a clip can solve for that.

                      I didn't weigh in on the subject when you brought it up because we are in the same spot with it and I knew nG would chime in with more. I will most likely buy something just not sure at this point.
                      Fair enough.

                      Just got this guy for $85 shipped. The back debris cleanout door is broken but I will rig something up. It'll be a good experiment. If I like it I will get the joule or something when it comes out and pass this along to my step-dad who loves to cook dry steaks.

                      Comment


                      • I like that is Batman black

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post
                          just looked, they don't have. browsed items and doesn't really fit my bill. decent concept though, thanks for reccomendation!
                          Thanks for looking past the cave man typos.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by flip View Post

                            Thanks for looking past the cave man typos.
                            What are we now, Canadians? Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Finally bit the bullet and purchased a decent pair of binoculars after catching them on sale today. Have been wanting/needing some for a while now. I have a deer hunt coming up this fall where a pair of quality binos will be crucial. This is a lottery deer hunt that took me 6 years to draw, so I'm going all out. After a ton of research, I finally settled on these:

                              https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics.../dp/B00GSNSPKK


                              Their warranty is as good as they come, no questions asked on returns. Even abused binos are repaired. Supposedly these hold their own against $1,000 binos. I know they are as much as I need.

                              One thing with optics is the law of diminishing returns. Small incremental increases in quality start costing substantially more! I've experienced this myself when using my dad's high-priced scopes. At one time he had the top of the line of two brands. A $700 scope and a $2,000 scope. He sold the $2,000 scope and kept the $700 one! Although the $2,000 one was better, it wasn't $1,300 better for our hunting applications. He put the $1,300 towards the purchase of other hunting gear.

                              I think I may do the same with the money I saved on these binos..Instead of paying $1,000 for a pair, I'll drop $500 on these large ones and $500 on a pair of smaller ones later down the road. Smaller ones will be more suited for woods deer hunting and turkey hunting where I don't need as much light gathering and will enjoy less bulk.

                              Comment


                              • Nice! I'm looking for a second pair so my wife and I don't have to pass them back and forth. Not going quite that spendy, though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X