No announcement yet.

Post the last thing you bought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any balls you know of that don’t swing to the left and right when I’m trying to drive down the middle?

Comment

• The old prov1x 332 from before 07 was made with a ridge that people believed would do this if you lined it up right.

There is no conclusive evidence that it did though.

Comment

• That doesn't even sound legal.

Comment

• VPS on Hostwinds: 4vcore, 8GB RAM, 100GB SSD, Win 2012 R2

Comment

• Originally posted by IamDeMan View Post
            VPS on Hostwinds: 4vcore, 8GB RAM, 100GB SSD, Win 2012 R2

How much?

Comment

• Jesus fucking christ, this is what you are looking for.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/07/...off-again.html
              Last edited by UCP; 04-11-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Whao

Comment

• Originally posted by jip View Post

How much?
                  60/mo which is not terrible in relation to the same provisioning from AWS. Admittedly, I did not check on Azure. I am test driving it this month. So far their service people are responsive. No solution for my firewall profile issue yet but they responded to the ticket quickly. Also had to have billing fix their double-billing for a domain and anonymity which they did right away.

Comment

60/mo which is not terrible in relation to the same provisioning from AWS. Admittedly, I did not check on Azure. I am test driving it this month. So far their service people are responsive. No solution for my firewall profile issue yet but they responded to the ticket quickly. Also had to have billing fix their double-billing for a domain and anonymity which they did right away.

That's not bad. I'm not sure what it would be on Azure but it wouldn't be a straight cost -- billing is based on usage, so hard to estimate.

What are you going to host there? I'm guessing this is for a lot more than this forum, 'cause this isn't worth $60/mnth

Comment

Haven't ever heard of hostwinds or azure, but if you need any help with AWS VMs, managed services, or serverless architecture let me know.

What are you using the VM for?

Just started using AWS Workspaces to offload some tasks, we'll see how it compares to RDS or just running a dedicated VM. I'm skeptical...

Comment

• Originally posted by jip View Post

That's not bad. I'm not sure what it would be on Azure but it wouldn't be a straight cost -- billing is based on usage, so hard to estimate.

What are you going to host there? I'm guessing this is for a lot more than this forum, 'cause this isn't worth $60/mnth
                        This is hopefully a solution for all of my hosting needs. First is to move the RMM servers to it then this and a few other small sites. This place would run on so much less and it would be Linux so it would be cheap AF. I may still go that route but I think this can pull all my needs in one package.

Comment

• Originally posted by MakeCTGreatAgain View Post

Haven't ever heard of hostwinds or azure, but if you need any help with AWS VMs, managed services, or serverless architecture let me know.

What are you using the VM for?

Just started using AWS Workspaces to offload some tasks, we'll see how it compares to RDS or just running a dedicated VM. I'm skeptical...
                          Hostwinds had some good reviews and decent monthly charges without prepaying 6+months upfront. I am pretty familiar with AWS from work and this would cost more on AWS. Azure is more or less an MS AWS. I also know that you can get some insanely cheap VPS from euro providers that cater to people needing seedboxes but I question the reliability at the prices they claim.

Comment

• I was ducking with you about azure and helping you. You know way more about that shit than I do.

Comment

• Rims and tires.

Comment

• Originally posted by flip View Post
                                Rims and tires.
                                What was your decision, in the end? Did you go big?

Comment

Working...
                                X