The Jeep Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Subtle never did the Rubicon Trail post.

I'll always be a noob.

Comment

• Keeping the factory track bar for now, will be interesting to see what a difference it makes with the bracket installed. That was a slightly more annoying job than I thought it'd be...

Comment

• My lug nuts were frozen in place.i have swapped the stock, two piece bullshit lug nuts with better one piece nuts and greased the threads. I feel like I am just getting my first taste of Chrysler bullshit. 15k miles in.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
          My lug nuts were frozen in place.i have swapped the stock, two piece bullshit lug nuts with better one piece nuts and greased the threads. I feel like I am just getting my first taste of Chrysler bullshit. 15k miles in.
          Just had to do the same to the SO's Fusion.

Comment

• Broke off from a car camping trip to give one of my SO's co-workers her first Off-Road experience.

We went up and over Webster Pass from Montezuma and then down the other side. We took a look at Red Cone from the saddle and she said she was game so we headed to the trailhead and took red cone down to Webster pass and then exited back through Montezuma.

That first real obstacle on RC was a stumper because I messed up the line, but a little backing up had me rolling on through. The rock garden leaving treeline was a bit intense as there was a big loose boulder on the first step of the easy route, but we made it and I doubt she'll be scared to go on any other trail, with RC being her first.

The Jeep did pretty good for a nearly stock Rubi. I don't think it would have been wise without the full skids though.

I did make a couple Hyper Lapses if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7nRdEfg874
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG8r_3dbDYI

Comment

• Actual Jeeping in the Jeep thread. This is a rarity. I love it.

Comment

• How's the lift coming?

After 24 weeks, the Gobi rack is sitting in the garage. And I can't install it until next weekend because of a 60% chance of thunderstorms...

Comment

• But now I can go kayak shopping, which I guess is a topic for another thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJ View Post
                    But now I can go kayak shopping, which I guess is a topic for another thread.
                    What do you have in mind?

Comment

• Not sure yet. My folks both live in places that have decent offshore 'yak opportunities, maybe 3-4 miles out on open water. So I'd want something that wouldn't kill me if I tried doing that, but also not be inept on inland flatwater.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJ View Post
                        How's the lift coming?

After 24 weeks, the Gobi rack is sitting in the garage. And I can't install it until next weekend because of a 60% chance of thunderstorms...
                        It's done aside from an alignment that I probably don't need and driving somewhere after dark so I can adjust the headlights. I straightened the steering wheel, there's maybe one more fine adjustment to do there. Seems to drive fine, and all went well for the most part. Finding what works best with those shocks as far as a setting, just trying different ranges when I can.

I doubt I'll ever get a Gobi at this point, that's way too long to wait, and that hitch rack is working well enough at this point.

For as much as they cost, I'd almost rather invest in a surplus trailer and build it out. Looking forward to your install and thoughts though. If I was in a HT it would make more sense.

Comment

• this aint my jeep, mine looks better, but i did just install these grab bars. makes climbing in the thing way easier

Comment

• Oh shit handles are a must in every jeep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                              Oh shit handles are a must in every jeep.
                              if you do not currently own a jeep, i cannot respect your opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by tappin_azz View Post

if you do not currently own a jeep, i cannot respect your opinion
                                I own the fastest Jeep in this forum bruh.

Comment

Working...
                                X