No announcement yet.

The Jeep Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires did great. 15psi felt like driving on pavement, plenty of steering ability even in deep ruts, and it had been raining all night long on the beach.

Comment

• Need to get more lighting installed before I go to Hatteras in the summer, though. Just didn't feel safe with the headlights alone.

Comment

• So, bad news: the tire shop fucked my wheels up, left gouges in places that I didn't see when I picked it up. Going at 8am tomorrow to see how they'll lie to my face about how I must have curbed all five in exactly the same way.

Good news: If it turns out that refinishing them is going to be a multi-day thing, the repair quote isn't going to be likely far off from a set of DOT-approved beadlocks.

Comment

• Wait. Your wheels aren't all fucked up? Son of a bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJ View Post
            So, bad news: the tire shop fucked my wheels up, left gouges in places that I didn't see when I picked it up. Going at 8am tomorrow to see how they'll lie to my face about how I must have curbed all five in exactly the same way.

Good news: If it turns out that refinishing them is going to be a multi-day thing, the repair quote isn't going to be likely far off from a set of DOT-approved beadlocks.
            I use a guy out here that comes to my work, jacks up the truck, and refinishes each wheel right here on the spot. $100 per wheel no matter the damage.

Totes worth every penny.

But I only have 2" of tire. How the fuck do you curb a wheel with 35" tires?!?

Comment

• So do they (any half decent shop would I'd imagine). Getting it done on Friday, they're covering the cost.

But I only have 2" of tire. How the fuck do you curb a wheel with 35" tires?!?
              Monkey running the tire machine didn't know what they were doing. You're right, with nearly 11" wide rubber on 7.5" wheels, I couldn't curb the wheels if I tried.

Comment

So do they (any half decent shop would I'd imagine). Getting it done on Friday, they're covering the cost.

Monkey running the tire machine didn't know what they were doing.

Oh, then fuck yea they should cover the cost. That's some bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                  Wait. Your wheels aren't all fucked up? Son of a bitch.

Comment

• What? Granite does not fuck around.

Comment

What? Granite does not fuck around.
                      Ain't nobody on the east coast gonna know anything about that granite bruh.

Comment

• Our mountains are as old as Jip and SM. Quartz bro.

Comment

• I didn't think he would, just saying, my wheels have definitely been customized.

Comment

I didn't think he would, just saying, my wheels have definitely been customized.
                            Weight reduction!

Comment

Our mountains are as old as Jip and SM. Quartz bro.
                              Truth. East coast granite is a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jip View Post

Truth. East coast granite is a thing.
                                Subtle never did the Rubicon Trail post.

Comment

Working...
                                X