The Jeep Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flip View Post
    I had no idea all terrain tires were so expensive. I was pricing some 33s and they are $250 each.
    That's about what I paid for the 35s I had on my Jeep. Now I pay about $100 a corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
      That's about what I paid for the 35s I had on my Jeep. Now I pay about $100 a corner.

... not for your SUV, surely? What kind of poverty rubber are you running that is only $100 / corner. Even my miata's tires run more than that -- the stock tires are $180/corner and could be improved.

Comment

• These: https://www.onlinetires.com/products...10-p72366.html

There are only four options at the size I run in the entire world. They range from $120-$500 ea and they all have a load rating of XL and a speed rating of W for hitting the triple digits on the freeway. I go cheap because they have the right ratings and with my chamber, no tires are going to last more than 20,000 miles. Pointless to shred through $500 tires IMO.

Comment

• Tires I’m looking at are q rated. Not even rated for high speed.

Comment

These: https://www.onlinetires.com/products...10-p72366.html

There are only four options at the size I run in the entire world. They range from $120-$500 ea and they all have a load rating of XL and a speed rating of W for hitting the triple digits on the freeway. I go cheap because they have the right ratings and with my chamber, no tires are going to last more than 20,000 miles. Pointless to shred through $500 tires IMO.
            Hood-rich! Woop-woop!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
              Hood-rich! Woop-woop!
              I can't peel out anyhow. Too fast.

Comment

• When I had the GTO, the one year anny cost me 250 a corner.

Comment

These: https://www.onlinetires.com/products...10-p72366.html

Dang -- well, lucky that there are tires that fit and are reasonably cheap.

I drive my MX-5 like an idiot so I need sticky tires to keep me on the road. They can't keep me pointed in the right direction, but they can keep me rightsideup. I hope.

Comment

I had no idea all terrain tires were so expensive. I was pricing some 33s and they are $250 each.
                    Mine were...more than that.

Comment

• But 34x10.5 is an odd size, there's a 255/80 that's roughly comparable in metric but BFG doesn't make any A/Ts in that size. Muds, yes.

Comment

• I want to go with the hybrid AT/mud. I’m looking at the baja atx or the bfg KOs

Comment

• I'll have a better answer on Sunday how the KO2s do on sand. But I didn't buy them with mud in mind, I figure if I'm ever in mud that deep I'm pulling winch rope.

Comment

• I’m not even going to venture into any deep mud. I’m thinking slick clay or something. I’m leaning toward something like a pre-runner style. Although there’s no desert around me, only dirt.

Comment

• I’m looking at a 285/75.

Comment

I want to go with the hybrid AT/mud. I’m looking at the baja atx or the bfg KOs
                                This may be not useful for you, but my buddy had BFG KO2s on his bronco and he had no trouble following (or leading) in deep snow and coastal mud.

Comment

Working...
                                X