The Jeep Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeep Thread.

I'm currently in process of buying a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, as such, it's all I'll be talking about for a while.

Any other Jeep owners here, past/present/future?

I'm thinking about trying to get a good set of skid plates first and worry about suspension and wheels much later. I'll be doing mostly trail running with very little crawling, at least that's what I'm telling myself right now.

Veteran Jeep crew checking in.

Left the crew for race car life for a few years but I'm back. Integrated both worlds. But you'll never see my current one in the dirt.

Comment

Have loved them since my dad owned a CJ while I was a youngin. I just cannot make enough excuses to buy one. Just an impractical vehicle for me. I could see this being a much better fit for you than Le Swag.

Comment

Hey, I'd have kept that thing if it could fit real mud tires. Now I get to combine the Miata, Le Swag and mud tires. I was actually surprised to see that an unlimited is about the size of that forester interior wise. Still going two door though.

Comment

Who's your loan through?

Comment

No loan yet, you don't pay until you take delivery, and I haven't even ordered yet.

Comment

I remembered looking back through old family pics, and the vehicle I was brought home from the hospital in was an '85 XJ with the AMC four-banger. One of my earliest memories from when we moved outside of Boston was my dad selling the damn underpowered thing, lol. Something like 100hp trying to push that...

Comment

Originally posted by UCP View Post
                Hey, I'd have kept that thing if it could fit real mud tires. Now I get to combine the Miata, Le Swag and mud tires. I was actually surprised to see that an unlimited is about the size of that forester interior wise. Still going two door though.

mo doors mo betta

Comment

Originally posted by UCP View Post
                  No loan yet, you don't pay until you take delivery, and I haven't even ordered yet.
                  I thought you said you were in the process of buying?

Comment

I am.

Comment

Originally posted by ngsm13 View Post
                      I thought you said you were in the process of buying?
                      The loan is at the end.

Comment

So are you at the dealership right now?

Comment

I think there's a waiting period or something before the full price benefits kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by ngsm13 View Post
                            So are you at the dealership right now?
                            Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
                              Veteran Jeep crew checking in.

Left the crew for race car life for a few years but I'm back. Integrated both worlds. But you'll never see my current one in the dirt.
                              So you bought a Jeep and turned it into a Chrysler. :\

I've had three: '80 CJ5, '89 YJ, and an '05 Rubicon.

I love the old jeeps but there is no doubt that the Rubi was the best in every respect (other than cost).

OTOH, I could have built that CJ into a monster if I had the money at the time. And the time. And the space. And a magical cure for rust.

Ok, the CJ was pretty much fucked when I bought it.

Comment

Working...
                              X