No announcement yet.

Travel Inquiry: Car Rental

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet!!!!! I need another hunt like I had in Colorado this spring..

Arrive at 10:45PM and set up camp in the middle of a national forest. Get up at 4:15AM and walk 30 mins to the edge of a canyon a friend told me about. Hear first gobble at 5:10AM, kill him at 6:30AM ! Headed out to Nebraska a couple hours later. Man that was fucking awesome...

Comment

DH, how often do you get skunked?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
        it fits pretty good. It's suffers a little in the headroom arena but it is manageable. Not for 2000 fucking miles though.
        Ah. You need a convertible and good weather!

Comment

Originally posted by jip View Post

Ah. You need a convertible and good weather!

Comment

Originally posted by flip View Post
            DH, how often do you get skunked?
            Now days, rarely. I've made 30+ out of state hunts and can only really recall getting skunked on a few. (Skunked being no shot opportunity)

Tennessee got me once in the beginning stages of my turkey travels. That was due to lack of research on my part. In spring 2015, I got skunked in Florida. I let my dad and brother hunt the area with the most turkey. I did all the research and the majority of the scouting, and sent them to the best spots. Brother managed to kill one and he is not even a turkey hunter. No doubt in my mind I could have killed one had I hunted the area.Really wish my dad would have gotten a bird that trip (he blew an opportunity) instead of my bro though. Bro is all take, no give. He doesn't want to do any of the research or footwork, just tag along and shoot. And that is the very reason I won't take him out of state with me again! Ugh, pisses me off thinking about.

Comment

I was thinking about a cross-country trip to Moab one of these years, but somebody's gotta draw straws for who'll live in the Midwest for the span between Noah and Jason. That's a long drive with no CTers.

Comment

Originally posted by JimJ View Post
                I was thinking about a cross-country trip to Moab one of these years, but somebody's gotta draw straws for who'll live in the Midwest for the span between Noah and Jason. That's a long drive with no CTers.
                Cool. Make a thread about it so I can shit all over it.

Comment

I agree with Jippers.

Also, get your rental from Costco Travel. Best deal around.

Comment

Originally posted by ngsm13 View Post
                    I agree with Jippers.

Also, get your rental from Costco Travel. Best deal around.
                    Didn't even know that was a thing. I'll scope it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X