Hotel Room lifts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Room lifts

Starting Monday I'll be in a hotel room for 8 straight days. I can walk around but not much depending on if I have to stay with the group or not. In any event, this hotel only has a treadmill and elliptical. I've been doing well on my lifting and have momentum so I don't want to lose it. I am willing to buy some bands or such from Walmart, Academy Sports, or whatever. I'd also like a good routine....something ~20 minutes in the AM and 20 minutes in the PM. I know I'll have that time...maybe more.

Any ideas or should I just pick something off my gf's pintrest. I'd like to continue gains but I'd be more than happy maintaining or at least not losing my strength.

find a local gym and flip somebody a 20 to lift for the day. thats what I'd do. If I even lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by hagabro View Post
      find a local gym and flip somebody a 20 to lift for the day. thats what I'd do. If I even lifted.
      I have bought day passes jn the past but I am not sure I have the freedom to do that since I'm in a group.

Comment

There's some bodyweight stuff you can do for chest/arms (pushups, different grips to hit different groups, legs raised, etc.) and abs (crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, v-ups, etc.). Other muscle groups are a little harder to target without any supplemental equipment (back, shoulders, legs). If you can something to do pullups/chin ups, that'll cover back. If there's something you can find to hold down your feet, you can do some floor ghr's to hit posterior.

If you feel like spending a little money and have something to anchor to, you can pick up one of these and do some suspension work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodybuilding...c=1&rmvSB=true

Similar to TRX system but a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
          There's some bodyweight stuff you can do for chest/arms (pushups, different grips to hit different groups, legs raised, etc.) and abs (crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, v-ups, etc.). Other muscle groups are a little harder to target without any supplemental equipment (back, shoulders, legs). If you can something to do pullups/chin ups, that'll cover back. If there's something you can find to hold down your feet, you can do some floor ghr's to hit posterior.

If you feel like spending a little money and have something to anchor to, you can pick up one of these and do some suspension work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodybuilding...c=1&rmvSB=true

Similar to TRX system but a fraction of the cost.
          That unit you posted actually has a door attachment, so he can use it on any door. Best option for working out on the go.

Comment

Flip, that unit is pretty much like the TRX unit I used down at Bonnaroo. I don't know if you saw me using it or not. I trained on it every morning right off of the rv door while Jameseypoo was getting his princess mimosa's on.

Comment

I would buy but I need something I can find local since I'm departing on Monday. A couple days ago I had a room with a gym but I got moved so I need something I can buy this weekend.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...g=AVAILABILITY

I found this but it's pricey.

Comment

Go to the local grocery. Buy the biggest containers of water you can find. Or do calisthenics. How much do you really lift?

Comment

Originally posted by UCP View Post
                  Go to the local grocery. Buy the biggest containers of water you can find. Or do calisthenics. How much do you really lift?
                  in4pics of flip running thru the halls of the hotel with gallon water jugs tied to a log draped across his back

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
                    in4pics of flip running thru the halls of the hotel with gallon water jugs tied to a log draped across his back
                    But what if no one is there with a camera?

Comment

Go pro

Comment

Working...
                      X