DYETank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYETank?

world of tanks is possibly the only game i will ever play due to it's high value in game mechanics and easily modified user interface. been playing for four years now and have progressed to a rather proficient player.

with over 200 historical and prototypical tanks to choose from in the form of 5 different designations over a gamut of ten tiers, it makes for a rather great game to pick up on some real war and military history with 9 nations represented. there is an age requirement, however. most tanks after the advent of sabot rounds and chobham armor in the 60's are not included, which is fine if you consider how just the sabot round itself completely changed tank warfare with it's extremely effective penetration and killing power.

use of armor angling, speed, acceleration, weight, concealability, terrain usage, weak spots, cannon characteristics (velocity, ordnance type, caliber, rate of fire, dispersion/accuracy, armor penetration, potential damage), special mounted equipment, crew specialties and skills, and vision all play very important roles when you apply them to specific tasks, which can be balanced in different proportions depending on the archetype of tank you use.

25 or so maps with 15 vs.15 and 3 versus modes (capture the flag, base defense, and base assault) in public play capacities are randomly selected based on tank types and players' personal ratings. you can create a platoon with 2 other people of your choice and use in-game communications for a better play experience, or you can play solo if you choose to do so.

joining a clan (or 'guild', for the mmorpg geeks) allows you to take part in fighting other clans for arbitrary territories superimposed onto the map of the globe, with prizes ranging from in game currency, to special camoflage and equipment, to very rare tanks that no one else can purchase by any means.

there are also missions and campaigns you can complete with tasks performed while you play, and in doing so you can earn buffs to give you more experience, credits (different from currency), or again, rare tanks.

the key to playing is having knowledge of how all the mechanics can work together combined with on-the-fly strategizing and situational awareness while having the enemy players doing the same. outsmarting the enemy with calculation for advancement across the map and proper placement depending on your tank's role tends to yield a win if players actually can adapt to the dynamics, but this isnt a game where you can respawn several times each match, once youre dead, youre dead. winning the match is done by 3 ways; kill the entire enemy team, capture their base without taking damage or critical hits while doing so, or defending your own base for a set amount of time. teamwork is encouraged, but it is not a requirement.

like all online team based games, there is your fair share of campers, farmers, exploiters, cheaters, and of course, your potato newbs that dont have a clue. unfortunately, they just did away with in game message chat to the enemy team, so you can no longer troll or talk shit to get them to lose focus. i loved fucking with the shit talkers with a superiority complex.

I do not even tank.

Comment

out

Comment

Originally posted by honkyg View Post
        out
        Congrats! That takes great courage.

How did your family take it?

Comment

thank you, i'm honored.

my family takes it any way they can get it.

eight to eighty,... blind, crippled, or crazy.

Comment

thank you, i'm honored.

my family takes it any way they can get it.

eight to eighty,... blind, crippled, or crazy.
            Aw, that is sweet.

Comment

so is this

Comment

I've been in a real tank.

Comment

Originally posted by flip View Post
                  I've been in a real tank.

military or civilian?

Comment

There are civilian tanks?

Comment

sure, in britain it's legal to use one as an everyday vehicle.

Comment

I have a tank for every day of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Jameseypoo View Post

Comment

sure, in britain it's legal to use one as an everyday vehicle.
                            I don't know/care about foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by Jameseypoo View Post
                              what is his name?

does he charge by the hour, or the inch?

Originally posted by flip View Post
                              I don't know/care about foreigners.
                              fair enough.

here in burgerstan you can own them, but need special licensing to keep the breach in-tact and cannot drive on public roadways.

for a mere 275k, you too can own one.

http://ww2live.com/en/content/world-...tank-destroyer

Comment

Working...
                              X