Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    OK, so I've never played Diablo and wasn't a fan of Destiny. I need to do some reading about what this game is about,

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by jip View Post

      It is a combination of Diablo 3 and Destiny, if that helps. The mechanics are good.

      The AI is smart -- they know to flank, retreat and to push when they have the advantage. In most games, if you retreat far enough, enemies will always hit an invisible wall and go back to where they started. In this game, they will follow you until you lose them. I've managed to kite rival gangs into a street fight, waited until one gang was left and finished them off.

      The atmosphere is the best part of the game. You really feel like you're in a post-apocalyptic Manhattan. I've seen screenshots compared with photos of the actual locations and they did a great job -- New Yorkers have commented on the accuracy.

      The dark zone is my favorite part of the game. This is a restricted area where players can harm each other. There are lots of AI enemies that drop great loot - but then you have to get that loot out of the DZ without getting ganked by 'rogue agents'. When you kill another player, you become a rogue -- which puts on a bounty on your head and a map marker follows you around, helping everyone else in the session hunt you down. The tension in the DZ is incredible.

      I haven't gotten to the end game content, but reviews make it sound decent.

      If you enjoyed Destiny but hated the grind for loot, or if you enjoyed Diablo 3 but want some big guns -- this worth picking up. Me and my buddies would happily play with you, as well.

      WHOA

      I loved D3 and Destiny. I had no clue this game had 'loot'. I thought it was sort of a standard shooter.

      Looks like I'll be buying this after my turkey fucking is over!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by CapnAhab View Post


        WHOA

        I loved D3 and Destiny. I had no clue this game had 'loot'. I thought it was sort of a standard shooter.

        Looks like I'll be buying this after my turkey fucking is over!

        Oh yeah, definitely a loot-based shooter. Do recommend.

        Comment


        • #49
          Gave this game a lot of play time over the weekend. Really like it. I accidentally wondered into the Dark Zone, got killed in like 12 seconds.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
            Gave this game a lot of play time over the weekend. Really like it. I accidentally wondered into the Dark Zone, got killed in like 12 seconds.
            Ha! Yeah, that happens. The first time you go HAM on a rogue, though, you'll have trouble stopping laughing.

            When you hit 30, hit me up and we'll get some vengence for you.

            Comment


            • #51
              Well, to be fair, I think I deserved it. I had no idea what the dark zone was, just entered it, saw someone, and opened fire. I was dispensed of real quick and then left, lol. I do like the game and this type of game play, I've run around and done side missions on my own to get the hang of it and then jumped in groups for the main missions.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
                Well, to be fair, I think I deserved it. I had no idea what the dark zone was, just entered it, saw someone, and opened fire. I was dispensed of real quick and then left, lol. I do like the game and this type of game play, I've run around and done side missions on my own to get the hang of it and then jumped in groups for the main missions.
                That is hilarious!

                The dark zone is easily my favorite part of the game. The tension when you've got some really great gear that you need to extract and you know that other players in your area will kill you and steal it if they can ... priceless.

                Also, interestingly, when you're in PS party chat, other players close to you can hear you. Not everyone knows that their voice is broadcast -- even if they are in party chat -- so some groups use that to their advantage.

                I goad other players into attacking us, then we melt them and steal their shit, because I'm a jerk.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Ventured back into the dark zone, got my angus pulverized again. Should I not be going in there alone? The AI kicked the shit out of me. I'm lvl 15 now.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
                    Ventured back into the dark zone, got my angus pulverized again. Should I not be going in there alone? The AI kicked the shit out of me. I'm lvl 15 now.
                    Going in alone is dangerous -- but if the AI is killing you, you're really underlevelled.

                    I'm in SF today but I'll add you to my PSN when I'm home.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Ventured back into the DZ, fared much better. Didn't get killed by any AI, leveled up a bunch and actually got a gun successfully extracted.

                      Some fucker did kill me, for no reason too- I didn't have any DZ loot on me.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Invisible Pants View Post
                        Ventured back into the DZ, fared much better. Didn't get killed by any AI, leveled up a bunch and actually got a gun successfully extracted.

                        Some fucker did kill me, for no reason too- I didn't have any DZ loot on me.
                        You get XP and money for murdering other agents, so it is wise to expect everyone is out to get you.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X