TIL that brains run on butter
    Healthy fats, fag.

Comment

• Originally posted by flip View Post
      Lisa would approve.
      Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider Monkey View Post
        Consuming the fuel your brain requires to properly function is not a waste of money, so it must be the latter.
        Okay, I tried it. Pretty good. Makes me full.

Comment

• Originally posted by atoz350 View Post
          Okay, I tried it. Pretty good. Makes me full.
          Now add Brain Octane.

Comment

• Originally posted by jip View Post
            I've read a few rants lately about the popularity of IPAs. They make me laugh -- the only thing trendier than IPAs, right now, is complaining about them.

Having said that, they have become so common that breweries are searching for that 'unique' IPA that sets them apart. The result -- Double IPAs and Super Hop IPAs -- beers to full of hops, you'd have to call them rabbits. So finding a good, interesting spin on the IPA can be a painful process.

Let me make it easier for you: go find a bottle of Firestone's Wookey Jack. It is a black rye IPA -- no idea wtf that means, but it has a nice hoppy aftertaste that follows an almost piney feel with a strong dark ale in the mid palate.

Do recommend.
            I'm not reading all these posts right now, but I'll join in on the trendy IPA hate.

Don't get me wrong, I really like IPA's, but craft beers started to become a race to the top of the IBU scale, and breweries/craft beer snobs started to forget about all the other amazing wheaty and malty nuances beer can have in favor of making them as hoppy has possible. If I drink super hoppy IPA's too long, they wreck my pallet and all I can taste is bitterness.

Right now some of my favorite beers are the Belgian Trappist ales, but holy hell are they expensive.

Comment

• I think it is funny that the market embraces an overlooked kind of beer (IPA) and the common response is "well, I like a handful but most are crap."

As opposed to lagers, where every single offering is great? Or ales? Or stouts? I love a stout but damn, I had a shitty oatmeal stout on the weekend, so fuck stouts.

Anyway. IPAs are hard to like because they are so damn strong - hard to make a really good one. I do enjoy when an IPA has a strong citrus flavor -- cuts the hops and adds a dimension to the flavor that they otherwise lack. San Diego's Green Flash brewery makes a brilliant IPA called Tangerine Soul Style -- lovely.

I hate Belgian beers because they are too fucking expensive.

Comment

• Belgian crew.

Comment

• I like this beer called oastmobile by bells brewing

Comment

• Is this a history lesson? IPAs haven't been overlooked in a LOOOOONG time. Maybe on Canada, OTOH there isn't a big maple mead market here, so there are trade offs.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCP View Post
                      Is this a history lesson? IPAs haven't been overlooked in a LOOOOONG time. Maybe on Canada, OTOH there isn't a big maple mead market here, so there are trade offs.
                      I think we have different time scales.

Comment

Working...
                      X